On the brink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the brink.

Dan and I have had the most beautiful relationship....for close to a year. Recently tho certain stressors have come up and I keep pushing them aside..till this weekend.

Then to me it was....discuss and work through or I could feel it falling apart.

Today I feel cleansed, alive, and so secure in US. It was opening up and being honest with myself and then with him that did it.

I feel so much closer to him and THANK GOD I see him in 3 days...I need to be in his arms.

What about you? Have you ever reached that point? How did you handle it?
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

funny you should make this thread, because a few weeks ago me and Denise were so stressed out from the stressful months prior, that one day on messenger i could sense we were about to have the break up talk and that scared the shit out of me! O_o but we talked throughout the day and we were back to normal, few days later i got the idea of me moving to be with her in the UK, and we've talked about this because if we didnt almost have that moment we wouldnt be planning our wedding or me finding the right visa to move over there! Breaking points can be either good or bad for your relationship depending on what you wanna do with them, we chose to see it as something that yes was pretty bad but it made us think clearer and have a better plan on what we were gonna do! its not something i wanna relive again but it did help us

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
      funny you should make this thread, because a few weeks ago me and Denise were so stressed out from the stressful months prior, that one day on messenger i could sense we were about to have the break up talk and that scared the shit out of me! O_o but we talked throughout the day and we were back to normal, few days later i got the idea of me moving to be with her in the UK, and we've talked about this because if we didnt almost have that moment we wouldnt be planning our wedding or me finding the right visa to move over there! Breaking points can be either good or bad for your relationship depending on what you wanna do with them, we chose to see it as something that yes was pretty bad but it made us think clearer and have a better plan on what we were gonna do! its not something i wanna relive again but it did help us

Exactly. That feeling in my stomach was horrible!!! But because of that talk everything is SOOOO much better!

Comment

I've been feeling that a lot lately.

I'm just so stressed from my internship, and with no real outlet for how I'm feeling. And to boot, Penn's starting to travel for work this month, so I doubt I'll really get to be able to talk to him, as he'll first be at a conference (on my birthday, no less), and then at a site visit. It'll be two straight weeks without hearing from him, and while we've done it before, I don't like it.

Today one of the pathologists in the lab said I reminded of her of someone who's just barely holding onto a ledge with their fingertips...and it pretty much sums up how I've felt lately. Something has to give, you know?

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I've been feeling that a lot lately too! All the emotions just hit me while he was here in July and I knew the whole distance thing was worth it

Comment

I have reached it last Saturday as I posted on here lol And after havin an argument with him and sorta kinda leavin it in a bad mood from both sides I went nuts yesterday.
            I called my friend and begged her to hang with me cause I couldnt stand bein at home and I needed someone to distract me and when I told her what was up I had tears in my eyes and almost started cryin. I was so scared really... I was so scared of losin him...
            But we talked it out last night and I just saw him not to long ago and he was so happy wantin me to blow him a kiss every 2mins haha
            I guess we both needed it.

Comment

We actually had that point in the veeeery beginning of our relationship, just about less than a month after we first started dating. It was insane, but I can sort of see why it happened now. We really sort of threw ourselves in headfirst into dating and didn't really ease ourselves into learning about one another. It was all sort of hectic, not really seeing how our personalities naturally meshed together but rather forcing it in ways that didn't work. It was very upsetting for both of us and I remember we did have that talk where it felt very close to breaking up. Obviously we didn't, but instead decided to just cool it, take a step back and let it all grow more at its own pace. Which was definitely the way to go Over time we now know much better how we fit together in the right way, instead of what we 'thought' was the right way.

Comment

Unfortunately, we have reached that brink several times--all due to the distance thing. We actually had one last night, and I was close to certain thinking we were going to break up because of the things he was saying. However, he realized that wasn't what he wanted and we kind of made up, but we still have a lot of things to talk about to get everything back on track.

Basically, my SO has to find himself and get a career going and whatnot, and being in an LDR is a big stress on top of that, plus there are financial factors in the mix as well. I really hope we can get through this; I know I can handle the distance, but the question is to whether or not he can....

Comment

i think i'm coming to that point right now. I don't get to talk to my SO as much i want to. it really drives me nuts. I think though, for us, it's a matter of me being strong when it comes to our relationship. I was planning on talking to him about this the next time we talk (who knows when that will be :\) Basically figuring out what we are doing and where we want our relationship to go. And, we've never had any arguments before, so i'm kind of worried on how it will go.

Comment

Originally posted by SamiWami View Post
                    i think i'm coming to that point right now. I don't get to talk to my SO as much i want to. it really drives me nuts. I think though, for us, it's a matter of me being strong when it comes to our relationship. I was planning on talking to him about this the next time we talk (who knows when that will be :\) Basically figuring out what we are doing and where we want our relationship to go. And, we've never had any arguments before, so i'm kind of worried on how it will go.
                    Just be honest!! I wish you luck!

Comment

Often times have I felt overwhelmed and have thought "Maybe it's better if we stop this," but the thought of ending the relationship just tears me apart too much. There have been times where I, apparently, sounded like I was going to break up with Idan but it was just me talking about my own issues as opposed to our issues. It's super tough. Especially if you don't have the leisure to visit them when you're feeling like "This is it." It's when you need them the most that sometimes they might not be there physically, but that's when you have to be strong and remember that your SO is with you always. They're thinking about you, carrying you with them in their daily activities and when you're feeling stressed and frustrated- they are probably feeling the same.

Sometimes just talking it out makes you feel loads better. For me, seeing a short video from him picks me out of that rut almost instantly.

Comment

I think Will and I have had that point a few times throughout our relationship. We used to have a big problem at not solving our problems as they came up, and we'd fight about the same things over and over. We had a few big problems that we put off, and eventually we had to deal with them. We were lucky to work through them, and every time we got through something like that, it was like our relationship was new and refreshed. Thankfully, we're a lot better at communicating now than we used to be. I still feel that refreshed feeling about our relationship every time I see him though. When he leaves, I'm so sad, but I know 100% that this is all worth it, and no matter what, we're going to make this work. I always know we'll make it work, but after seeing him I'm just so confident in our love.

Comment

Working...
                        X