Having a hard time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a hard time.

My SO and I have been LD for almost 6 months now and I've never really had a problem with it until now.

It was triggered by our plans for this coming weekend. It's his 22nd birthday Friday and I took off work that day. The plan was I was going to go straight from work the night before (Thursday) and crash at a friend's place at the school both my SO and I attended. Then Early Friday, I'm driving to his place, so I don't have to drive a straight 6 hours. I was planning on arriving at 9 am so we could spend the whole day together because I have to leave Saturday night ( my Nana's 80ths is Sunday and I can't miss it). So I was talking to him about it and he goes "Well I'm probably going out Thursday night with my friends could you come at 11 on Friday?"

I feel really stupid for saying this, but I was a little upset by that. I mean I haven't seen him in a month and I'd like to spend majority of the day with him because I have to leave probably at like 1-2pm saturday. He gets to see his friends every day and we'll prob be spending Friday night with them as well. I feel selfish for feeling upset because it's his birthday. This lead to a whole flood of emotion concerning my LDR. It's been so hard for me, I've been a wreck and he doesn't even seem affected by it at all.

3 hours isn't that much time to be upset over. I feel so effing stupid.
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Well I can understand why you're upset. I think it's more you had your heart set on x time and suddenly the plans are altered for later which, I understand we all want to spend as much time with our SOs as possible so being denied that little bit of time probably did it. You just have to look at the bigger picture of at least the trip wasn't canceled entirely. As for the plans with his friends, he might have made them a while ago and just forgot/never thought to bring it up. If it was last minute then that is a bit rude, but unless you can bring it up without being too upset it might be better to let it be for now.

And you don't know, he may be just as torn up about the LDR as you. Plenty of guys hide those emotions on the notion it makes them weak, they have to be the tougher gender. It's best not to assume (hard, I know, I do it too) and either ask or just worry about how YOU feel.

Comment

I can see why you found that upsetting too, time with your SO is very precious in an LDR. But at least you are getting to spend time with him for his birthday, look at it that way

I doubt very much that he hasn't been affected by the LDR side of things, even if that's how it seems, but after all it's his birthday and he's more than likely concentrating on enjoying it plus he's getting time with you. Make it a birthday to remember
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Thanks guys. I talked to him a little about how I was feeling about our LDR last night. He keeps telling me that it's gunna be okay and that He's looking for a job down here. He says he misses me all the time, but I guess I just feel alone in that I'm really having a hard time recently.

I've decided to let the birthday thing go and use it to my advantage. If I go to his place later, it means that I can go out with my friends the night before as well. And that will keep my mind off of it.
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
          Thanks guys. I talked to him a little about how I was feeling about our LDR last night. He keeps telling me that it's gunna be okay and that He's looking for a job down here. He says he misses me all the time, but I guess I just feel alone in that I'm really having a hard time recently.

I've decided to let the birthday thing go and use it to my advantage. If I go to his place later, it means that I can go out with my friends the night before as well. And that will keep my mind off of it.

I am glad you are feeling better about it!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
          X