Your Music CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Music CD

On the night that my SO was leaving to make his move to Florida I decided to make him a cd of songs for the long car ride (18 hrs). Every song that I chose to put on the cd either was a song that meant something to us both ( Our first dance, songs he would sing to me, etc. or a song that was sending him a message. I thought I would share some of these songs with you but more so I would like to know if you did this? If not it might be something to consider doing and sending it to your SO. I thought it would be fun to share your top 6 cd love songs with everyone. SO what's on your CD?

1. Does that blue moon shine on you? ( He sang this song to me at a local bar a few months ago. I asked him why he picked that song because at the time it made no sense. Now it makes perfect sense and when he listened to it on the cd he confessed that it made him cry ( which he never does) If you never heard this song LISTEN TO IT
    2. Amazed by lonestar
    3. Crazybitch by buckcherry (Our 1st dance lol)
    4. Never say never by the Fray
    5. Airplanes by B.O.B
    6. Please don't leave me by Pink ( obviously trying to send him a message in that one lol )

1. "Fireflies" by Owl City - that song was played a lot when I was in New Zealand. We heard it at the holiday house where we were staying, in the car late at night when we went for a drive and so on...
    2. "Remedy" by Little Boots - same thing really. It was always played on the radio when we were together.
    3. "Undisclosed Desires" by Muse - ... and another song which we loved to sing together in the car.
    4. "The Brightest Star" by Chazz Valentine - I don't know if my SO likes this song, but I heard it in New Zealand (it's a Kiwi song!) and it expressed my feelings perfectly. New Zealand was hot and the best summer I've ever had and I was slowly falling in love with my SO... and that's what this song is. A fun summery love song.
    5. "In My Head" by Jason Derulo - ... and one more song which we just listened to a lot. We always had the radio on when we went for a drive.
    6. "Art Of Love" by Guy Sebastian

There are many more songs which I heard in New Zealand for the very first time, but those are big favourites. Whenever I listen to those... I think back to my time in New Zealand. With my SO. Good times.

Comment

1. The Red Strokes-Garth Brooks. It's our song, and she's an artist, so no matter what, it always reminds me of her.
      2. Lost In This Moment-Big and Rich. It is about a wedding, but honestly, I think of this song every time we're all alone and I just look in her eyes.
      3. I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song-Jim Croce. This goes back to before we started dating...I was way too shy to tell her how I felt, and this probably would have been a good way to say it.
      4. Eight Days A Week-The Beatles. This song just reminds her that I'll be around for quite a while, and I don't intend on leaving.
      5. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues-Elton John. It's the song I always play when she leaves, the exact moment when I need a really good cry.
      6. Once Upon A Lifetime-Alabama. This sends a message that the best things come along only once, and she's the best thing to come along in my life in a while.
      National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

In July I put a bunch of songs that reminded me of us/what I wanted to convey to him on a USB stick and mailed it with some other gifts. Let's see if I can remember what they were and the top 6...

1. "Thinking Of You" - A Perfect Circle. This was to show how obsessively I think about him every day.
        2. "There's a Fine Fine Line" - Avenue Q. He asked me to sing for him when we first began dating and, with a cold, I recorded myself singing this and he loved it.
        3. "In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning" - Chantal Chamberland. I think this one holds true for us. It's in those quiet moments you miss your love most.
        4. "Dangerous Game" - Jekyll & Hyde the Musical. Another song I sang for him.
        5. "Point of No Return" - Phantom of the Opera. I think this was his favorite I sang for him because I told him it clearly conveyed how I felt about us, plus he got to hear me sing pseudo-opera.
        6. "Sara's Song" - LUDO. My name's Sara, it's about a guy who was in the dumps and a girl named Sara finds him and loves him. Similar situation.

Comment

1. Love Like Crazy - Lee Brice
          2. Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland
          3. I'm Already There - Lonestar
          4. Every Breath You Take - Police
          5. Can't Smile Without You - Barry Manilow
          6. Our Kind of Love - Lady Antebellum

All of these songs just make me think of my boyfriend and have a special meaning in my heart

Comment

We made a CD when she was here last, and we each have a copy of it x)

Had.. 14? songs on it I think. Cant be bothered to go have a look I listen to those songs a lot on iTunes x) Maybe elina will tell you what the songs are or the top 6 or whatever

Doesnt have.. just love songs on.. has songs we both like too

We had fun listening to that CD in the car once

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
              We made a CD when she was here last, and we each have a copy of it x)

Had.. 14? songs on it I think.
              FYI, it had 21 songs

First 6 areeeeee

1. Memories - David Guetta ft Kid Cudi ..I showed him this song and it wasn't in England at the time.. and it became his favourite song for the summer
              2. 1234 - Plain White T's ..ahh, this is our song ♥ for a reason x) Before we met in person for the first time.. we were talking on msn and I found a song on Youtube and told Sam I found a song that we should play at our wedding because of the lyrics.. and he said he found one too but we decided not to tell each other and to write the name of the song down on a piece of paper and give it to the other one when we meet for the first time.. and we did and we'd both written 1234 by Plain White T's Needless to say we were both utterly shocked
              3. Riko Minut - Anna Puu ..a Finnish song we both like, nothing special about this one I guess x)
              4. Candy - Aggro Santos ft. Kimberly Wyatt ..aha, this happened after we'd made this cd, but we were in the car.. and this song was on and on a certain part of the song he'd lick my cheek haha. I was trying to talk to my mum at the same time and just giggled haha He's silly ♥
              5. Stereo Love - Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina ..another song we both liked
              6. Baby - Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris ..hahaa, I know what you think we thought this song was silly (and Sam liked it ok fine, I did too ) so we added it

There's a whole lot of other songs that are.. maybe more meaningful or have lyrics that fit into our situation.. but those are the first 6 on our cd

Comment

I made him a CD before but I honestly can't remember what was on it. In the scrapbook I'm making him, I'll be making another CD. Here's a few ideas of mine of what songs might be on my CD.

1) We Belong Together by Gavin DeGraw.
                2) Far Away by Nickelback (Our Song).
                3) Lost Without Each Other by Hanson.
                4) I Will Come To You by Hanson.
                [CENTER]

Comment

1. "Noticed" & "You Are Mine"- Mute Math.
                  2. "Everything" - Lifehouse (some of these lyrics I wrote in a secret love note to him before he ever liked me)
                  3. "Sing Me to Sleep" - Showbread (what I consider to be our song)
                  4. "P.S., I Love You" - Nellie McKay (very appropriate LDR song that first inspired me to play the ukulele)
                  5. "Love You 'Til The End" - The Pogues
                  6. "I Saw Your Light" - Lee Ann Womack

Darn... that was just the beginning of the list!

Comment

If i ever get the chance to make my bf a CD i think these songs would be on the CD:

"Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey
                    "Everything To Me by Monica
                    "All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
                    "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston
                    "Your Love Is My Love" by Whitney Houston
                    and tons of others :]

Comment

I've made him a few... working on a playlist now, but it's too full of Jason Mraz songs (one of the few artists we both like), so I need to find some more variety to add to it. Here are 6 (mostly LDR-related ones). We have many more songs that are "our songs." But these are songs I don't think he's heard yet.

1. Sleeping to Dream - Jason Mraz
                      2. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, Pt. 2 - My Morning Jacket
                      3. Life is Wonderful - Jason Mraz
                      4. Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap
                      5. Edge of Desire - John Mayer
                      6. Untouched - The Veronicas

Haha- Just realized that a lot of these songs are pretty sexy.... Guess what's on my mind

Comment

I love these music threads.

Top 6 songs

1. Can't take my eyes off you -Lady Antebellum..i have always told Mark that i wish he was here to just hold me...and asked him if he would just hold me..and this song says "So lay here, beside me, just hold me, and don't let go" awww this is becoming our song fast.
                        2. This kind of love - Sister Hazel I think this is a religious song...but i love to listen to as the way I feel about Mark's love.
                        3. Glitter in the Air- Pink..for some reason this song reminds me of my life..and what's to come. I believe this is a VERY powerful song
                        4. Forever's as Far as I'll Go - Alabama...the words just say it all
                        6. Love, look what you've done to me Ummm..not sure who sings it right now.

I love music!

Comment

I made Will a playlist on my iPod the first time he came to visit me, and we listened to it in my car when I picked him up from the airport. We ended up listening to only those songs for the next 4 days that he was here. He put it on his iPod when he got home and listens to in constantly. Some of the songs don't mean anything about our relationship necessarily, but they all have some special meaning to us.

1. Two Is Better Than One - Boys Like Girls
                          2. Falling For You - Colbie Caillat
                          3. Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
                          4. Love Story - Taylor Swift
                          5. Realize - Colbie Caillat
                          6. If You're Wondering If I Want You To - Weezer
                          7. Come On Over - Jessica Simpson
                          8. Alright - Darius Rucker
                          9. I Cross My Heart - George Strait
                          10. When You Say Nothing At All - Keith Whitley
                          11. And I Love Her - The Beatles (He sings this to me sometimes awww)
                          12. Come What May - Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor (Moulin Rouge soundtrack)
                          13. 1,2,3,4 - Plain White T's
                          14. Hushabye - The Beach Boys
                          15. Tonight - FM Static
                          16. Find Me - Boyce Avenue

Comment

So, I was missing mark last night...and I made a playlist of "i miss mark" songs..haha and I thought I would share some of the new ones that i found.

Here without you -3 doors down
                            Closer to you- Adelitas Way
                            You're Where I Belong - Trisha Yearwood
                            Missin' You- Sister Hazel
                            One love- Sister Hazel
                            Meet Me In the Memory- Sister Hazel
                            I Miss You Like Crazy- Natalie Cole, even though this is like a break up, it can still be LDR IMO
                            Wherever you will go -The Calling
                            When You're Gone- Arvil lavigne
                            When You Come Back To Me Again- Garth Brooks
                            What I'd Give- Sugarland
                            To Make You Feel My Love-
                            To Be With You- David Archuleta
                            A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton
                            There's No Place That Far- Sara Evans
                            Somewhere I Belong- Linkin park
                            Over the Rainbow- Glee Cast...best version EVER!
                            NotBroken- Goo Goo Dolls..their new CD is amazing!
                            Home- Goo Goo Dolls
                            Never Gonna Be Alone- Nickleback
                            Million Miles- Reamonn
                            The Luckies- Ben folds
                            I Run To You- lady antebellum
                            I can wait forever- simple plan
                            Chance are-
                            Haven't Met You Yet- Micheal Buble

Comment

Yay! So much Sister Hazel - I love them!!

If I made him one - these songs would definitely be on it...
                              1. Tubthumping - Chumbawumba ~ I bought him that CD when it first came out and we quickly discovered that was the ONLY good song on that CD
                              2. Britney Spears - 3 ~ It's kind of an inside joke between us
                              3. The Promise - When in Rome ~ This was our original song when we were first together years ago
                              4. Incubus - I Miss You ~ 'nuff said
                              5. Avett Brothers - All My Mistakes ~ They aren't for everyone, but I love this band
                              6. Ben Folds - The Luckiest
                              7. Tori Amos - Northern Lad ~ It always reminded me of him
                              8. Such Great Heights - Postal Service
                              9. Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band
                              10. We Just Disagree - Dave Mason ~Not that this is relevant, but it's the first song I ever heard him sing

Comment

Working...
                              X