How old do you have to be..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old do you have to be..

How old do you have to be before you 'know' what love is..?

I'm 16.. But I'm 100% sure that this is what love feels like..
    Although this distance breaks my heart,
    And it's unbearable when we're apart,
    I know that it will all be fine,
    As my heart is yours,
    And yours is mine.. <3

I dont think there is a certain age. Its just when you think its it.
    Btw i see in your count down thing that your SOs name is Glen, so is mine

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
    Started Dating: 10.17.08
    Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
    First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

Comment

I mean I don't think there's a certain age, but I fell in love when I was 17, and I think once you find it you know. I'm not judgmental about young people who claim to be in love, although I do believe too that age and maturity do factor in understanding exactly what love is. It's hard to explain really lol

Comment

I don't think there's an age limit to feel love, but I do believe that perceptions and feelings change as you age.

I didn't fall in love for the first time until I was 21. But like everything else in life, it's individual to you.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I don't think there's an age for a person to know what love it. People are skeptical of young people saying they are "in love" because teenagers tend to be "in love" with everyone, and therefore the meaning of the word is useless.

I believe a person can feel love at any age
          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I never knew love until I met my Christie; she is amazing. It only took me 23 years =)
            Don't really think there is a specific age or anything like that, but I do think that you still have some maturing to do when you're 16- not to say that you aren't mature or anything, just that you still have a long life ahead of you.

Comment

I dont there is a specific age really, i met my first real boyfriend when i was 15 and i was with him for 9yrs, and the first 8 and half years were great.

Age doesnt matter in my opinion

Comment

well i think at 13-16 years old your experiancing puppy love, i would say around 18 you have a pretty good idea of what true love is but dont usually find it then, i think in your 20's you really know what it is

Comment

you don't have to necessarily be a certain age.. love can happen at any age

however, there are many times when a person that is younger may think they're in love, but really aren't

but i'm 20 now, and a lot of older people may think i'm still too young to fall in love, but it's how you feel that really matters
                  <3
                  sigpic

Comment

I think once you hit 17 or 18 you understand things better and you're not just infatuated with the person. Personally, I think you have to experience some kind of lust before you know what love is.

Comment

There is no age to feel real love. It can happen anytime.

Comment

I agree with Caitlin. When you start getting hormones, attraction happens. The word 'love' is used so carelessly that a lot of times teenagers believe their crush/infatuation/whatever is 'true love' and that they're meant to be together always and so on. I'm not saying serious relationships can't happen at your age, but I don't see them lasting forever, especially if you move to where right out of highschool you're married/moved and trying to be grown ups at 18. 18 you're still a kid even if society says you're an adult. But age is a number and I judge people more on maturity than birth date.

So long as you're not jumping right to OMG WE R IN LUV right off the bat, you're ready to call the real thing and know it's real when it does occur.

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
                          I think once you hit 17 or 18 you understand things better and you're not just infatuated with the person. Personally, I think you have to experience some kind of lust before you know what love is.
                          I have to agree with Paula on this one. I do believe there is an age limit when it comes you knowing the feeling what true love is. Honestly, is a 13 year old who doesn't really know enough about life and doesn't really have much experience on love really going to know 100 percent what real love is, of course not, is it just that cute puppy love we all had when we were earlier. I think you can really know what true love is once you start getting older (i don't know how much older) and really understand what exactly true love is and having some experience in the the love department

Comment

One has to live to love.

People "live" at different stages....each person is different...
                            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I don't think there's a "right" age to fall in love with someone. I thought I was in love with a couple of my ex boyfriends, but it was nothing compared to how I feel about Will. I think people can fall in love at any age, but people change a lot when they're in their teens and 20s. I think a person's perception of what love is changes during that time too.

Comment

Working...
                              X