Just bought my ticket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought my ticket!

I am SUPER excited, so I thought I'd share!
    I found out that my SO will be outside Washington DC before he deploys. I was able to get off work the end of next week, so I'll be flying out Wed. and staying with him until Sun. (Valentine's Day) afternoon. He'll be at work during the day, but we'll have four evenings/nights together!

We really want to make some good memories while we are together as it might be another year before we see each other again. I'll be in the hotel during the day waiting for him to get off work. Any ideas for things I can do that would be really special?

We won't be in DC- we'll be in town outside the military base, so I'm not sure what there is to do, or whether I'll have transportation to get around. But I'm sure I can talk to the hotel staff and have them help me!

If you can get into DC, see the Wall and the Smithsonian if you can. Go to the Mall (the area near the White House), IDK if you can have a picnic there, but if you can and the weather's decent I'd think that would be a heck of a thing to do. Also, I think most of the monuments are free unless you want a guided tour...

I'd say if you can see a movie together that would be fun too...if its still out, I'd recommend Avatar. It has something for everyone.... Fighting, Romance, Science....and in 3d if finances permit.. I am DYING to see it in 3d LOL

And maybe some sweet things where ever you are staying if possible... you know leave a cute note in his pack/lunch.... greet him in something sexy when he comes home (or with nada on if your really adventurous and have no roommates! >) Fix his favorite meal and have it ready just as he gets home or very soon afterward (nothing like coming home to the smell of your fav foods cooking! ).

There are a million small things you can do that will make this visit super memorable to hold you both through the time he is gone.... go with your gut and you won't go wrong! So Happy that you will have some time together before he has to go!

Comment

Great news!

I'll hopefully be buying my tickets for going over next month tonight too!
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I hope so too!

Comment

That's so awesome!!! Congrats!!!
          Just be glad we made it here alive
          On a spinning ball in the middle of space

Comment

thats wonderful Rach! : D i'm sure you will have a great time : D
            personally i think no matter what you do it will still be very memorable, even if its just hanging out in front of the tv or playing board games Gurls idea of a home cooked meal is one of my favorite things; its true, nothing beats coming home to the smell of your favorite food cooking, well apart from coming home to the smell of your favorite food cooking and the cook being in sexy apparel
            i would suggest finding out something like his favorite game as a child that he never had or lost, and getting that to play together, because its something you can do anywhere..
            im sorry i cant be much of a help, but i dont know the area...
            Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
            And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
            ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

That's awesome to hear!

Don't fret too much about what you're going to do together. If there isn't anything to see in the area, I'm sure he won't mind if you just hang around in the hotel and stay in bed.

Comment

Congrats! That is awesome! [Aren't airplane itineraries with your name in them amazing? It's like the card to your present. :P]

Anyways, before I get into a ramble,
                The suggestions already posted are wonderful. I love food and it is definitely something I wouldn't mind coming home to. Well, George in my bed after a long day at school is a nice thought too...You know me and my italicized words. Good lord almighty, I can not wait for March!... <3 Even pack a few crafty things with you. Candles, maybe pick up a 'sexy game package' for you to share, or even make up your own. (Make cards and some rules. I'm sure we can help you out in that depart, but that's another forum discussion, of course.) I love Gurl's picnic idea. Definitely do a few things that are 'wow, this wouldn't be as amazing with anyone else'. Seeing monuments and 'famous places' for the first time is a great thing because every time you see that place, the memory of that time with your SO will be with you. It'll be in a different folder than the times you've done things with other people, you know? New and fun is always the way to go, in my opinion.

Laying in bed all day doesn't bother me either.
                Make breakfast, watch a movie, and just stay in bed. Cuddle, kiss, tell stories, laugh. At the end of the day, take a shower (together?) and finish it with dinner out. Hot.

Again, congrats!
                I wish you both the best!

Comment

That really is wonderful, Rach! I'm happy for you .

Comment

This is so exciting! I like Gurl's idea of the picnic... and of visiting Washington D.C. in general. I love historical stuff like that, and I've always wanted to go!

I hope you have a blast! Take lots of pictures.

Comment

Congratulations! That is so exciting to hear! All of the suggestions that everyone else has mentioned sound really good!

I have an uncle who lives in Alexandria, Virginia, which is one of the many cities that surround the area, so I have been up to stay with him quite a few many times. Depending on how close this town is from where you will be staying, I think it would be an amazing place to go for a date on one of your free nights. Usually, I think visitors just go straight to downtown DC, but there are so many other things to do in that area. Alexandria has a historical downtown with loads of shopping and nice places to eat, and it has a boardwalk on the river that looks so romantic! They have a little boat that can take people around the river, and that is really fun to go on! Also, they have a lot of people who put on acts on the boardwalk. I have seen guys who make balloon animals, a live bird show, a magician, and a few musicians

Here are a some pics, but they do not even do it as much justice as it deserves.

https://z.about.com/d/gaytravel/1/0/...own_Mall_2.jpg
                      https://www.cooltownstudios.com/imag...k-downtown.jpg

If you haven't ever been to downtown DC though, the Mall is a must, especially on a clear day! The park is so pretty, and it is really exciting being so close to the Washington monument! Other than that, you could chose a Smithsonian you find interesting, go to Chinatown, or check out Arlington cemetery. Also, Mount Vernon would be fun too!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I have already started to pack the pieces of clothing he likes best. Candles and other romantic things are a great idea to add! It's not something I would normall think to bring, but they will be great for setting the rignt mood! And games are also a good idea! Especially a sexy one... we might have to start a new thread about that!

As for food, I totally agree. You know the saying, the best way to a man's heart his through his stomach... and I'm sure I've won him over many times with the meals I've made him. We'll be in a hotel, which means the only way to cook will likely be in the microwave. I'll try to think of things that I can make in advance or can heat up easily.

As for visiting the city (or Alexandria- thanks for the tips Bluestars!), I really hope we'll have time for this. I'm still not sure what his schedule will be. Hopefully he will have Saturday off from training so that we can use that day for sightseeing. The idea for the picnic is great Gurl! If not, I'm definitely going to see as many of the sights as I can. I've never been to DC but I have always wanted to. Plus, I have friends in the area... Now that I think about it, I'm definitely going to run out of time when I'm there!!!!

Everytime we see each other, we try to do/see something new. Even if it meant going for a drive and finding some small town bar to visit. I think experiencing new things together is a great way to build really special memories! I'll have to be sure I bring my camera and actually use it! I want lots and lots of photos and videos of us together!

Thanks again everyone! It's really nice to be able to share good news with all of you!

Comment

YAY!!! I like the picnic. So happy for you, it's always exciting seeing the SO. And I just love getting my ticket online and see the Itinerary in my inbox! I love those first moments after walking off the plane. The anticipation walking from the gate to meet him by luggage, the first kiss, first hug! I will also be with the SO for V-Day, first VDay actually together! =D We're always on base and even the town outside is real small. We don't ever do a whole lot when I got visit, but its nice to just have him to myself in the evenings and on the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                          X