Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parents are incredible role models

i'm so fortunate of my family. they are my world i love them to death

i'm also extremely fortunate to have such great role models, and people to look up to when it comes to love

my parents- who have been together since they were 15 and 16 years old, are still going strong after 27 years of marriage, and over 30 years together

by seeing my parents still together, and still so completely in love makes me believe that it can still happen.

divorce rates are the highest ever now, but that doesn't mean that true love can't still last

because in my eyes, it does, and always will

thank you mom and dad <3
    <3
    sigpic

I'm with you. My parent's is the strongest relationship I've ever seen. They've been through some really rough stuff, and come through it, whilst raising three kids, and are now more in love than they possibly ever were.

I love them, and I owe them a lot.

Comment

ant be said for all
      my parents were necer married, split up when i was about 4. had to go to prision to visit my dad a few times, both of them have been drug users or alcoholics (ultimately what killed my mum last year, R.I.P), my dad has only recently been able to come of the drink.
      as for my grandparents (who i live with) theyve both been devorced, remarried, and want a devore at the moment, there always arguing and are generaly not too good a perople to look upto.
      ive never realy been one to connect with my family at all, friends have always been more important to me

Comment

My parents met long distance, my mom moved to be with him after 6 months, they married after a year, divorced when I was 6 because my dad was an abuser.

Basically mine are a good example of how LDRs go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by amandamayaaa View Post
          i'm so fortunate of my family. they are my world i love them to death

i'm also extremely fortunate to have such great role models, and people to look up to when it comes to love

my parents- who have been together since they were 15 and 16 years old, are still going strong after 27 years of marriage, and over 30 years together

by seeing my parents still together, and still so completely in love makes me believe that it can still happen.

divorce rates are the highest ever now, but that doesn't mean that true love can't still last

because in my eyes, it does, and always will

thank you mom and dad <3
          Have you told your parents this? Very sweet things to say!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I agree!

My parents met when they were 15 and 18 They have now been married 18 years and together for 30 years!
            And come to think of it.. NONE of my family members have been through a divorce.. neither grandparents nor aunts and uncles.. etc. that's pretty crazy

Comment

Aww sweet. ^^ I thought my parents were good role models also. They met when they were 15 and 21 and got married a year later. Been married for 26 years, but not going strong as of late unfortunately =( Recently I got told the family deep dark secrets -_- and apparently they've been struggling with their love for each other for YEARS without me or my brother noticing. So they are hanging by a thread at the moment. I'm happy they didn't divorce when I was younger though, that would have messed me up and I guess that's why they waited until I turned 18. I don't know if they will or not. But it's not like it will affect how I think or feel about Dave and I's relationship, I still have high hopes we'll last years and years till death xD

Comment

That really makes my hope even higher :3
                I also know a couple who have been together for over 35 years and they met when they were 17 and got together pretty fast afterwards.
                <3
                Hope i can do that with my SO too

Comment

Working...
                X