Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those weeks

This has probably been discussed before but oh well lol
    Most of the time dealing with this relationship is easy for me but sometimes I just have those weeks where everyday I am just rude to everyone and don't feel like getting out of bed and I HATE it, I think it's because before my SO moved away 2 months ago we spent literally every single day together and I guess I still have withdraws sometimes!

My question for everyone is, we all have those crappy days what do you do to try and make it better?

Madly in love with Michael

If it's really bad, I try to distract myself and do as many things to make myself happier as possible (like ignore the healthy diet and eat whatever I want). Obviously I can't do that every time I miss my SO, but when it gets really bad, I'll do anything to cheer myself up. It also helps a lot to talk to my SO about it because it always feels good to know that he's going through the exact same thing.

Oh, and there's always ranting on LFAD forums

Comment

I know exactly what you mean!
      One time I went all day just in this sour mood, everything annoyed me--even the most simplest things would annoy me, I kind of just looked at how I was acting and was like "wow I'm being very rude"

So now when I just don't want to do anything or feel like I could be in a mean mood, I make myself write down things for a to-do list and keep myself busy, even if I don't want to do anything but just lay around, I make myself work out or go for a walk/jog. For me this works because I'm keeping busy and I'm not focusing on my saddness of not being with my SO.
      Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Talking to my SO def helps me but he is usually so busy during the day until like 10pm so that doesn't help me unfortunately but I did find when I made lists before to keep myself busy it helped, perhaps I need to go back to that and get out of this funk!

Comment

When I'm having one of the days anything that takes my mind off it helps whether it's reading a good book, or watching a film where things are so much worse than what's going on in my life lol. Or I'll make cards or go shopping, if I'm working I throw myself into my paperwork.

But mainly I try talk to my SO and talk things through with him

Comment

I try to force myself to stay social - that's usually the best way to take my mind off it..
            But sometimes I need some alone time to get the sadness and frustration out of my system.. either at the computer or with a book, or if I'm at school I go outside during a break and run..... just run. as fast as I can. There's a big, grassy spot in the centre where my school buildings meet.. I take off my shoes and run until I almost collapse. It takes away the tension and provides great stress relief.. after catching my breath it's easier to walk back inside and focus on having a good time with my class mates..

Comment

I have one of those weeks/days sometimes. Been trying all manner of things to sort it out, but the thing I find works best is just to keep myself occupied on other things, preferably energetic things!
              I'll go for a run, swim, to the gym, kickboxing, judo, rock climbing... anything to keep myself occupied and work up a sweat.
              Had that feeling today so went running, then to the gym, then kickboxing, then rock climbing. After that I was so knackered I couldn't possibly think of anything else, plus the rush of endorphines feels great!
              x x

Comment

I get out of the house, even if its just to the bookstore or library, I visit my friends who are supportive of my relationship, and I release some stress however possible

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

i really try to talk to you as much as i can=/

Comment

Originally posted by fnjames View Post
                    I didn't say you didn't, I was just asking for advice to keep me sane because we cannot talk all the time and I try to keep busy

Comment

Originally posted by fnjames View Post

I might be wrong but I would say this isn't about you mate. You could be the best boyfriend of all time and she would still feel like this, it's an LDR thing. Sometimes it just feels like everything is rubbish and nothing's going to be OK ever again. Most of us get like this from time to time. It happens, and it sucks. But it passes.

As for answering the thread I would just suggest doing what you like doing! Be with friends, keep yourself busy and distracted so your mind doesn't start to wander and start thinking about negative thoughts. Have you got some sort of project or hobby to fill your time? That's usually a good idea
                      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

mk.

Comment

i channel my frustration into something productive, because I do get really pissy if I am put into a social setting because I get easily annoyed when I'm having a bad day/week. Of course I definitely talk it through with my SO. Sometimes I don't need to bring it up, talking with him about anything will usually take my mind off of it. Reading helps too.

Comment

Working...
                          X