Optimism has been key to me dealing with an LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimism has been key to me dealing with an LDR

I'm just generally an optimistic person. It makes life more enjoyable! =] Just thought I'd spread some optimism!

I always put emphasis on the fact that it's made us develop such a great sense of communication and openess with one another! I feel we're actually much closer than if we weren't in a LDR. We agreed that communication was essential in a LDR. We had to talk about things and let the other know just what we were feeling/thinking. We're never around each other so it's incredibly hard to just pick up on cues and figure out the other is mad, upset, disappointed, etc. We've learned a lot about being open with our feelings and telling the other exactly what we want. I think it would have taken with longer to learn to communicate as well as we do (if ever) if it was for the LDR.

We're also very open and talk about a lot of different things. We joke around a lot and laugh all the time, but we also have serious conversations. Our conversations have covered many topics, anything from raising kids, getting married, and possible deployment to abortion, religion, and homosexuality. If we lived near one another I think we'd be more likely to just hangout watching TV. With the LDR we are forced to talk, it's all we have, so we end up talking about things I think we otherwise just wouldn't get to.

Honesty and trust! We've been forced to deal with whatever issues we may have had with trust. If we wanted this to work with one another we realized we had to trust one another. No matter what happened in the past, we had to put that behind us and focus on our relationship.

We also appreciate one another and our time together much more. We don't take any of it for granted. We enjoy just being in one another's company and we just enjoy every second of it.

It's proved how strong we are. And how strong our love is . Not just anyone can handle an LDR. Not just any relationship can survive a LDR. Our love for one another is far greater than either one of us could have ever imagined finding. We're certain we're just meant to be. Certain we're soulmates and just meant to be. We know this isn't the kind of love you just throw away because of distance or time apart. Everyday proves that!

Yes, the distance sucks and I hate being part. I do get down sometimes. Some days are MUCH harder than others. Some days I just want to stay in bed and sleep all day. But on those days I just remind myself we will be together soon. And I think of all the positive that has come from being in a LDR.

Does anyone else do this? What else do view as positive in your Long Distance Relationship?

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though its one day further from the last time you saw each other, its one day closer to the next time you will..."

- I copied this somewhere and use it in my facebook for my 'Describe me' box.

I do agree it is really hard to be on an LDR. Sometimes I feel as though the level of love we have drops. especially when we run out of things to talk about and you know how how-was-your-day conversations are becoming more of a habit than a "real" conversation. and then we have really good moments when the level rises again and it's like the 'refresh' button of love was just clicked. Feels really good to love and to be loved.

Comment

Oh yeah!

Comment

Working...
      X