In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Lilixandra View Post
      Thanks, Michelle! I'll definitely post the final product. Especially if it turns out well, because I have to get stuff professionally printed like a real board game. Some toys from this assignment in the past have actually been sold and people have gotten hired on the spot!
      I'm sure it will turn out awesome, everything you make always does

And wow, I didn't realize you actually had to have it all professionally produced. I'd totally buy it!
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

Ok here's mine

Good
        Receive a surprise package through the mail
        You've earnt enough frequent flyer points for a free flight to see your SO!
        Visa approved!
        A surprise visit from your SO for your birthday!

And of course: You find lots of help and support on an awesome LDR website

Bad
        You forget their birthday
        They forget your birthday (both unlikely )
        Flight delayed/cancelled
        You send her flowers... but forget she's allergic to that kind!
        His/her parents see her phone bill! No calls for a whole month!
        In a relationship with

My Albums:
        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

On one of the bad card you can put: Your partner lives in Finland. No chance. You lose.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
            On one of the bad card you can put: Your partner lives in Finland. No chance. You lose.

That should at least be a "go back to the beginning" card

Or game over

Anyway...
            In a relationship with

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
              Oh come on, that's harsh Sam!
              Btw I LOVE your new signature!!! ♥

Anyway, back to topic

Good
              - your parents buy you a ticket to go see your SO as a birthday present
              - surprise call from your SO in the middle of the day
              - you/your SO gets transferred to your area

Bad
              - your parents take away your phone and laptop cause they don't like your SO
              - your best friend has to go to the hospital on the same day you were suppose to go see your SO = trip cancelled
              - someone bursts into the room while your having an intimate webcam session

Comment

Good:
                Your SO jumps off the raft and into the river to swim with you, even though he's afraid of water. (True story )
                You get something your SO said they wanted off of Amazon for less than $10. Score!
                Your SO invites you to Thanksgiving with their family.
                Your SO is apartment shopping in your city.
                You receive a picture message from your SO, a romantic greeting card image

Bad: hmm...
                Your insecurities prevent you from telling your SO how you feel about closing the distance
                You get a raise at work, which makes you not want to relocate
                The contract for the sale of your home falls through
                Your SO needs to save for a new vehicle (which is actually really a good thing because it's on the list of things he needs to knock out before moving to Charlotte but it means that you're going to spend a lot of the cold winter months in Pittsburgh!)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

That should at least be a "go back to the beginning" card

Or game over

Anyway...

Haha, that's actually a good idea. =P I didn't even think about putting that for some cards (even though I'm not very far in the planning process yet anyway). Shows you how many board games I've actually played in my life.

Comment

Goodness, I'm loving this idea!

Good:
                    The relationship is getting serious and you start talking about getting engaged/married/having kids!
                    You're three days away from seeing each other again and when you get back from work/school, they're waiting for you at your door!
                    You're about to take your SO back to the airport but your car breaks on the same day and they "have to" stay for five extra days! Totally hasn't happened to us
                    Your SO sends you a teddy bear in the post and says it'll look after you while they're not with you, it brightens up your day
                    Your SO sends you a cute email with a poem they've written themselves ♥
                    A joke you told made your SO's parents laugh and they think you're funny, yay!
                    When you're together, you go somewhere nice and have a lovely time.
                    Your SO's mum gives you a hug and you feel like you've been accepted
                    Light at the end of the tunnel! You figured out how you'll be able to close the distance

Bad:
                    You're struggling with figuring out who's gonna move and how it'll work out :/
                    Your SO's parents didn't understand a joke you told and they now think you're slightly odd :/
                    You're really busy with your work/studies and will have less time to talk to your SO and it stresses you out.
                    You find out something bad about your SO's past and it upsets you a little.
                    You're struggling with the distance and not seeing each other
                    You've set an online date early in the morning and you accidentally oversleep and your SO is disappointed.
                    Your SO got into a car accident - they survived and are alright yet bruised and you're worried sick and sad because you can't be there for them
                    You're "in the mood" and call your SO and start talking dirty right when they pick up.. and you find out that you accidentally called your dad :O
                    You can't agree on how many kids you'll have with your SO! :O
                    Your SO kicks your butt at minigolf and you get mad and give them the silent treatment >: )

I'll definitely come back if I can think of more stuff If this will be a success, you should totally send me one (I assume you're not planning on making a Finnish version of this game and putting it on the market here ) It really is an awesome idea and I hope it'll become more than just a project

Comment

Wow, great effort Elina!
                      In a relationship with

My Albums:
                      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I agree! These are all amazing. I wrote down around 50 of these scenarios today, and my goal for the final game is at least 100. Every contribution helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                          Wow, great effort Elina!
                          Why thank you Andy

Sam's at work and I'm bored, so.. And I seriously think this is an awesome idea and wanted to help

A few more

Good:
                          You turn the radio on and hear you and your SO's song is on and your mind goes to your SO and makes you smile
                          You fall asleep with your webcameras on and your SO is the first thing you see in the morning, even though they're miles away ♥
                          Your SO calls to tell you that they've won the lottery! It's not a lot of money that they won but you're happy for them

Bad:
                          Your laptop breaks and you're having a hard time trying to find a proper way to communicate while the laptop's being fixed.
                          You sent a musician play a song for your SO under their window but they weren't home at the time and missed the whole thing :/
                          You spent a lot of time and money on planning a romantic weekend together and your SO got ill and the plans got cancelled

Ok, think I'm done for now

Comment

Thanks so much for the contributions, elina! (: I'm going to use all of them. I'm putting so much time and money into this, so I sure hope it goes somewhere after I'm done making it. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Lilixandra View Post
                              Thanks so much for the contributions, elina! (: I'm going to use all of them. I'm putting so much time and money into this, so I sure hope it goes somewhere after I'm done making it. :P
                              No problem, glad I could help I'll come back with some more if I can think of anything

Comment

Also on a side note, I finally shared this idea with my 3D teacher today, and he loved it. :P So I really want to try hard to impress. He was so amazed that there's a whole community on the internet dedicated to long distance relationships. LFAD rocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X