No announcement yet.

Dealing with the ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would think that getting 30 yrs old would make you stronger.
    And that you would not have to deal with 'exes' issues anymore.
    Sadly, it does get to me sometimes : (
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Well I still live in the same town as my ex. It's a relatively small town, so I see her more than I'd like to. It's just another reminder as to why I don't want to be in this town anymore, and how I'd rather be in Winnipeg with my SO.

Comment

It's going to get even hairier with my ex now that I've obtained majority custody of our daughter. He's not too pleased about it and the aggression has already reared its ugly head. I just gotta keep calm and focused.

Comment

Found out in a round about way my SOn's ex moved two states away rather than an hour away.

* happy dance*

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

SO's... not son's... damn auto correct lol
          Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
          Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
          Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
          Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
          Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Well my soon to be ex after 23 years of marriage will still be living in the same town and I am sure we will see each other on occasion as our 20 year old lives here in town too. Being the father of my two kids we will always be involved in some way, and we have a grandchild as well. Our split is friendly and a mutual decision we made. We have no animosity towards one another and plan on remaining friends.

Comment

wow...

I got to read a bit of the messages my SO's ex is sending him regarding their son.
              She gets mad at him for no reason, I now saw that myself, and she gets personal very soon in every conversation they have, for no good reason.
              I wonder why that is, they are divorced for like 7 years now.

It worries me a bit now I've seen how she acts and reacts. My SO told me she isn't going to like it when she finds out about me.
              I can assure you she will find her Nemesis in me if needed, but since English isn't my native language, I am worried the language barrier is not in my benefit when ever time comes and I have to argue with her...
              my SO guaranteed me she will look for trouble....
              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

Hello, My name is Jennie and my Ex husband is a shithead. *Sits down*

I don't talk to him unless i have to for the children. He makes everything 10 times more difficult than they should be.
                He breaks court orders, forgets to bath and sometimes feed the children. Tells the children to lie to me, involves them in the divorce and contact problems. He gets the children involved way too soon with his new girlfriends and then talks over the reasons why they dump him to our 9 year old son. Told the children i was "naughty because i fell in love with my SO while i was married".. granted thats true but the children don't need that kind of information. He also butts in my relationship with my SO, went to court to try and stop my SO spending time with the children and sleeping in my home. Tells the children he doesn't like my SO and it's my SO's fault we're not a family anymore. He even said he wouldn't let me and my SO be together.
                In short he's an ass, a crap father he was an even worse ex husband. The best thing to come from the relationship was the children and i know now exactly what i need and deserve in a partner.
                As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I feel for you leonsfangirl. I can empathise with a lot of what you've written. My ex and your ex could probably compare notes with each other of how idiotic they've both been.

Comment

Originally posted by notyourexgirlfriend View Post
                    I feel for you leonsfangirl. I can empathise with a lot of what you've written. My ex and your ex could probably compare notes with each other of how idiotic they've both been.
                    I'm sorry that so much of what i've written sounds like your ex. It's something i hope he grows out of but it's been 2 years and he's still the same but you can't beat a dog for being a dog.
                    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I don't have problems with exes. They are an ex for a reason. I still talk to a couple of mine and even give dating advice when asked for it, which is kind of funny. I'm friends with them and my current bf knows it. He doesn't have contact with his exes, he doesn't have that many and even if he did it wouldn't bother me. Jealousy is a trait I can't stand.

My last ex which is why I originally joined the site just got married. I wished him good luck even though he did me horribly wrong when he broke up with me like a coward. It bothered me for a split second but then I was over it.

Don't worry about an ex! They are an ex

Comment

Originally posted by Snowlilly View Post
                        Well my soon to be ex after 23 years of marriage will still be living in the same town and I am sure we will see each other on occasion as our 20 year old lives here in town too. Being the father of my two kids we will always be involved in some way, and we have a grandchild as well. Our split is friendly and a mutual decision we made. We have no animosity towards one another and plan on remaining friends.
                        This is very similar to my situation. We where married 17 years, 2 kids. No nasty divorce, but on the other hand contacts limited to talk about our children

Comment

Originally posted by leonsfangirl View Post
                          I'm sorry that so much of what i've written sounds like your ex. It's something i hope he grows out of but it's been 2 years and he's still the same but you can't beat a dog for being a dog.
                          Mine has been at it for over 2 years now too. It doesn't help that his now partner (my ex friend) fuels the fire so to speak.I haven't posted a reply sooner as I've been trying to deal with all of the property settlement stuff and he's been quite difficult. I got custody of my daughter's cat and pony. Both were picked up by my friend who lives in his town and they both suffered neglect though it can't be conclusively proven. Makes me mad. At least he's an ex now. That's a blessing...

Comment

my ex husband has a problem letting go after being divorced 18 years...in that time I married and became widowed 2 years ago after a 15 year marriage....he tried to get back into my life when my husband died and just doesn't get it. Our children are adults and parents so there is no need for contact.
                            My SO is from my past and thankfully due to our LDR he is unaware at present...we know he will react nastily when he does find out..

Comment

I wish I didn't have to be in contact with him, but because we have children that isn't possible.
                              I hope I don't become bitter, he has caused so much stress and drama this passed half a year. Arggggg.

Comment

My first ex and I used to not get along after the break up, and quarreled over the settlement and such, and cut contact for some years. Now we are on friendly terms, the divorce settled and both me and my husband are Facebook friends with my ex. We have the same education as well as political ideas, and bond over that. We don't see each other much now that we live in seperate cities.But from what I can tell she has settled more and has made some of her dreams come true.

My other ex lives here in my city. We too are on our way to turn ex love into loose friendship. He has a harder time than me, I don't think he is over me yet. Last time I saw him he was obviously trying to make me jealous, stupid things like that. I still feel connected to him in a way, but it is mostly platonic. We still share a hobby and that is why I will continue to see him.

My husband' a ex has had a crush on him for years. Could have been cute had she not been in denial about it. We see her every now and then.

My boyfriend has one girl he refers to as his ex, who he was with long distance for three years. They were not serious but I guess they were a bit smitten with each other. He has mixed feelings about her. I am not sure if they have much contact. I used to be a bit pissed at her because I don't think she took proper care of him. I think I am a little jealous too, because I don't know much about her.
                                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                                X