I'm Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Back!

I never thought I would do another LDR after my last relationship which was also an LDR. When I said my goodbyes on this forum almost 2 months ago, I really thought I was saying good riddance to LDRs for good! BUT....I have started communicating with a transplant from Texas. He recently moved to California and I admit that his Texan charm and manners are drawing me in. California guys can be pretty superficial and picky about women having everything; education, financially dependent all the while look like Barbie and also be a lady in the streets but a freak in the bedroom. He is younger than me but definitely has his life secure and he is ready to take on a family. He was in the Navy for over 10 years and now has a secure job because of it. I am majorly attracted to him!

We will be meeting tomorrow evening and I will probably be staying overnight (no sex since I do not believe in sex before marriage.) We have only been talking on the phone and texting for a week but yet I am feeling extremely attached to him. We want the same things in life and are on the same page spiritually. I can see myself being extremely happy with this man. But now there is this tremendous pressure to hope things turn out well and not be a total let down. He just seems like one of those too good to be true types, ya know?

I can't wait to update this to tell you how things go when we meet!

Best of luck I hope it all goes well

Comment

Sounds like you might've found yourself a keeper! Best of luck and welcome back to LFAD

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Things went smoothly and we are now officially dating!

Comment

Aww, hooray! Glad to see you again around LFAD!
            My heart belongs to a pilot!
            ~*~
            ~*~
            [/center]

Comment

Welcome back and glad to read that things are going well for you. :o)

Comment

Thanks everyone. Since we only met a week ago and this week has been crazy with him basically out of town for 3 days, I felt like we have hardly talked/connected since we met. He did make an effort and texted me several times the first day he was heading out of town. And in fact the day he left, he had even asked me if I had missed him much. So I took that as a very good sign that he was still very much interested in dating. He then would ask me to call him at this time or that time while he was out of town and whenever I did, it just wasn't a good time. He was either asleep already or on his way somewhere.

He arrived home yesterday and I told him he didn't have to call me if he was tired and he didn't call. Today I instigated the texting and we texted back and forth a bit. I asked if he was available to talk on the phone and he said "In a few" and he said "I'll call you". I'm starting to feel a little insecure now. I know that the day after I left him and the day after meeting him, he seemed very focused on connecting with me still but the past few days with him being out of town, there was very little to no effort. I don't know if I just expect more right now since we're trying to get to know one another or if I am just starting to feel insecure that he maybe really isn't all that interested in me.

If he doesn't call me today, I am going to start communicating with others again.
                Last edited by FierceFoxie; July 21, 2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for coming back to LFAD.
                  Best of luck to you and welcome always.
                  NoThInG iS ImPoSsiBlE..

Comment

Working...
                  X