No announcement yet.

Wedding dreams fading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since meeting my SO I have found myself thinking about it more and more. I've never been married, my SO has been twice; does that mean I get to make the decisions if we do get married? hehe j/k
    If we were to get married I'd like it to be an elegant but small affair. Just immediate family and whoever is performing the ceremony. I still remember talking to my brother before his marriage about the guest list; they had so much trouble trying to make sure they didn’t miss anyone and when all was said and done there were still hurt feelings. Sounded like such a hassle, and really, a marriage is about two people loving one and another; if folks get all out of sorts because they weren’t invited then they didn’t understand what it was about anyway.

Trep

Comment

Originally posted by Softy View Post
      When I was young, I wanted to get married at 20 and start having kids the years to follow.
      As I grew up, i kept looking for 'the one'.... But kept ending up in bad relationships.

Now that I'm 30, I have no husband, no kids, no house and not even a car.
      I feel like i failed, that all I ever wanted was only a dream and was foolish and that only 'certain ppl' get lucky enough to have it.

Some days, I feel like I don't care anymore that it just wasn't meant for me.
      Some days, I still feel like I can also make it and that I'm not too old.

Part of me still hopes...
      well... i'm 30, never been married before and I always wanted my big wedding... now my SO and I are "unofficially" back together, he has thrown at me occasional comments about marriage (he actually has told me he could always see us as husband and wife, and he needs me to be his wife, share our lives and start a family on our own).

when we first got together he said he'd like a bare-feet beach wedding, an idea i totally loved, but as time went by and money started being a big issue (mostly for him) he asked me if i'd mind having an inexpensive wedding and i said it would be OK for me... for God's sake, i'd be willing to marry that man in October when i visit, even if it's just at the city hall or something like that, but part of me still wants to have the gorgeous wedding gown, our first dance and all that jazz... i am feeling a lump in my throat as i'm typing... i don't want to give up on that dream, but i guess only time will tell what's it gonna be...

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

I've been married before and my wedding was small and intimate and planned by my mother (a story in itself). Now I'm looking at getting married again 11 years later and my SO and I have decided to get married just us and a witness at the court house...wam bam....neither of us want anything more. I can find a lot more practical things to spend my money on....hehe. I was never the girl to dream up a huge wedding anyway and my SO has never been married and it's not important to him either.

Comment

Working...
        X