New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here!

I wanted to quickly introduce myself before I jump right in. I'm amazed to find a place with so many people who are dealing with similar issues as me!! I've been feeling so along for so long and it wasn't until this spring when my aunt (in her 60s) got in a LDR (They got engaged on Friday!!) that I felt like anyone could relate to what I was going through!

(Other than my aunt, anyone I've encountered in a LDR is much, much younger than me!)

Siamak and I met online in June of 2010... This is when our long distance friendship started. There is a really long complicated story behind it all, which I may slowly share if I'm comfortable, but I'll just leave it at that for now. I'm not sure when our relationship as such started, but by the time I flew to Texas for the first time in August 2011, we were definitely more than friends! I saw him again for Christmas that year. We broke up this Spring (another long story) and after a nightmare of trying to date men that in my head were better for me just because they lived close by, we got back together in July of this year. I went to Texas for the 3rd time at the end of August and we had the most amazing visit.

He has still not come to visit me or met my kids because my ex husband won't let me take them to Texas, and Siamak still can't presently come to Canadas. (At first he was waiting on his green card, when he finally got his green card, we realized his passport was expired, and it has been a real nightmare trying to get an Iranian passport renewed because of all the stuff happening with that country right now...)

We have so many obstacles preventing us from CTD, that he kept on saying it was impossible... but he couldn't accept us being apart either... After what was essentially a heartbreaking and difficult summer for the both of us, we are ready to honestly discuss and tackle the issues that prevent us from CTD... Being permanently together is something that probably won't happen for years still, but we are hoping to see much more of each other in the meantime.

I can't wait to get to know everyone and learn about your stories!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Welcome!! You will find lots of stories here and lots of understanding support!
    Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
    Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
    Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
    Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
    Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Welcome! There is a lot of great advice and great LDR stories here...enjoy!

Comment

Working...
      X