X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ sleeping troubels

i am having trouble sleeping
    now you have to know that i am not in a healfty situation:
    my ex and i broke up last year, and i am still living wtih him because of the waiting list for a rental home..
    i have my own room we sleep seperate (off course) going to move in with my mom around the summer (love her but not the finest solution)

but i cant sleep and it is going to break me up
    i think its the hole picture of still living with my ex (who is making my life miserabel woudent be an ex if he didnt ) and missing my BF i hope it will get better as soon as my BF send something of his
    but in the mean while.. i just laying there looking at the ceiling tossing and turning sleep for a half hour or so and start the hole thing over again.
    i dont feel tired (yet) but my eyes are getting a bit burning by now

any tips?

My SO & I are both having trouble sleeping a lot too. For us, we seem to do better when we skype at bedtime. It also helps me to get to the gym each evening after work, even if just for a light workout.

I also do better when i have other plans for things to do over the coming days. Gets me out of the house and the interactions w/ others help a lot too.

Can you find reasons to be gone more? Gym? Seeing friends? Parks? Just wandering around a mall helps me too. Keeps me distractes so I'm not at home w/ nothing else going on for too long.

This isn't for everyone either but when i can get to martial arts workouts at a dojo I like, that helps too, especially after work at nights. Something about being with people you trust not to hurt you while you let them beat on you seems to be good for feeling connected with others!

Comment

thank you!
      it is a idea that i will try out how knows

Comment

Could try some herbal remedies like valerian or lemon balm. I am a true night owl to begin with and one thing that helps me is to make going to bed a small ritual for myself... some hot herbal tea (chamomile or anything with raspberry leaves are good) and an engrossing/cheap thrills novel to read - helps even more with a little book light or backlit kindle, that way your eyes adjust to the darkness around them and get sleepy. I know for me at least small things like that can help put aside some worries enough to at least get some shuteye. Good luck!

Comment

hmm could try something like that, only because the time different i always see my BF right before i go to sleep
          but i could try ti fit it al togheter..
          thank you!

Comment

I was having this same problem...just laying in bed staring at the ceiling and getting no sleep. I actually went to my doctor and discovered that I had a hormonal inbalance in my body and my doctor put me on meds...I also starting working out on a daily basis which makes me tired as well. So you may have something inbalanced in your body or you just need to get out there and hit the gym everyday! Hope this helps

Comment

i am doing better thank god!
              using al the tips; some herbal tea and reading before bed
              trying to do some more during the day (can afford gym so taking the bike and ride an extra round somewhere )
              so it is going better! and my BF send me one of his shirts think that is going to help too
              thank you everybody for thinking with me!!

Comment

Working...
              X