Aaaaccckkk!! I hit send....*gulp*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Aaaaccckkk!! I hit send....*gulp*

Well....I manned up and emailed my guy. I asked him what he was looking for and what he thought of our multiple weekend trips past and future. Now the waiting game begins. I peppered it w witty remarks and kept it pretty light and airy but made my ultimate goals known so he can either say he's down w that or that I'm getting too serious. No lines drawn, just a hey I'm heading in this general direction, are you heading in the same general area? Thanks for everyone's support in my last 2 posts, I'll keep you posted. Prayers please! This is more of a thriller than all those crazy movies out there.

Aww, good luck!!!!!! All prayers wishing best for you two!
    Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
    Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
    Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
    Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

Comment

Sending you positive vibes from MA!

Comment

it will be ok!! good luck!

Comment

Really trying not to freak out. It's so hard not to though. No email yet since the first one saying he was thinking about it and not ignoring me. Ho hum. Due to the length of time its taking him to reply it does not bode well I feel. If he was interested he'd just say it I think. I'm not going to email again but I want to so I am posting here to get it out of my system. I'm sad cause I liked this guy. Oh well I guess, on w life. Will keep you posted when I do finally get a reply.

Comment

Aren't you glad you asked? Think if you had feelings for him and he doesn't have feelings for you, how long this could have dragged on?

You might want to send a "so... still waiting!" email?

Comment

think that would be wise to just ask him...

Comment

He replied yesterday....in the email I sent I said that casual dating had gotten old for me and I was looking for someone more meaningful, what was he looking for in general, not necessarily between himself and me but just in his own life what was he looking for. Then I said I liked talking to him and would like to get to know him better, was that something he was interested in as well. I waited a week.....this is the reply I got yesterday...(Side note we also had a bet going as to who would have the better bracket, the winner would pick the destination of our next adventure and the loser would make the plans for the trip, as in activities, itinerary etc). His message is as follows:

Here it is, that message you've been so anxiously awaiting, losing hours of precious sleep just thinking about...

It is with utmost respect and unreserved admiration that I congratulate you on your superior 2013 NCAA tournament bracket. While appearing wildly unconventional, your wisdom is clearly evidenced by your 99th percentile ranking. It is quite apparent that you've win this competition, and can carry that momentum (read: luck) into any future competitions. Don't worry - surely there will be more opportunities for you to show your superiority (or lose). Alas, I digress.

Congratulations once again on your stunning victory. The victory arrangements may now ensue.

Cheers!

M

- what am I supposed to think about that? He's too chicken to tell me how he feels? Maybe he wants to do it in person which I agree is more appropriate but I didn't want to spend more money on another long weekend on someone who's not into me more than a travel buddy. Or is he that dense that he didnt understand my original email? I don't think that's the case as he did reply the day after saying he was having a hard time articulating his feelings and would reply in due time. Ugh. Do I go on the mini vacation? Idk what to think or how to proceed. I've found myself pulling away guarding my feelings cause I don't know where he's heading w all this. Thanks all for your support I really appreciate it!

Comment

Also, while it sounds like he's being kind of douchey, I assure you he's not. We tease and talk smack to each other so this was a cute email, but totally devoid of any real substance which is my whole complaint between us. :-/

Comment

hell i don't know what to think of it! looks like he is egnoring it or something.. i would send another email, asking it straight forward saying that you want a serous answer...

Comment

I would send another email to ask for the direct answer before deciding for the trip...

Comment

In my experiences with men, a lot of them just tend to ignore the questions they don't want to answer. I think you're right in feeling that he's not very interested. but I can also understand you not wanting to give up without a clear answer. I would send one more email and tell him you have unanswered questions form the first email. Let him know that while you're excited to plan the trip, you really do want to sort out where you're both at goals/emotions wise first. Then I would leave it at that. There's no real way for him to ignore that and if he does, he's definitely sidestepping.

Met online: 1/30/11
                        Met in person: 5/30/12
                        Second visit: 9/12/12
                        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

it looks like he's being a smart arse and avoiding to answer. but at the same time trying to show you that he is interested... I am guessing he is not really the type who talks about themselves and uses this sort of smart arse humor to deflect.

this is just my opinion. i am being honest.. hope i didn't offend or anything because i didn't mean to.

Comment

No offense taken at all. I appreciate all the input. Here's what I've come up w, either:

1) he's not interested, but then why agree to multiple cross country trips, etc and tell me that he does like me (earlier in our "relationship") and wants to get to know me better and that he's got his eyes only on me etc?

2) he's interested but wants to tell me face to face. In his first reply he did say this would be much easier in a real conversation and I am going out to the city he lives in for work in June so while I'm not going to plan our victory trip I will agree to see him when I go out for that and maybe things will get cleared up then.

3) he's interested, maybe told friends or family, but either they said think twice or he's just realizing the enormity of the situation. I have 2 young kids, and a whole life out here. He has to consider picking up and moving his whole scene and then potentially jumping into an established family situation. That's a lot for me to deal w forget him! Lol.

So I am not really upset w him for not answering my email, and it's not my style to hound someone for an answer. He's a smart guy. If he wants to answer my question he will. If he wants to take his time telling me what his intentions are that's his prerogative but in the meantime, sadly, I will be continuing to look for someone who does know what he wants and isn't afraid to tell me. Hopefully he'll get his shiz together and it'll be him I find.

Comment

Just a though but I think he by hinting about more trips to come is saying he is interested(?).
                              I haven't got a "love you" out of my guy (even though I've said it, or well not said it but written it) all I get is "I like you a lot" and "you make me happy".
                              But I think actions speak louder than words and I'll rather have the actions

Could it be that he is perhaps a bit timidated by the fact that you have a family etc and wants to take things slow?

Comment

Working...
                              X