Sleeping Arrangements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Sleeping Arrangements

When my SO and I are able to spend the night together, we have found that while we sleep better with each other there, and have no problem falling asleep together, and never have, we also sleep extremely far away from each other. We start out all cuddled up, and intertwined, but in the morning, we are both practically hanging off our own sides of the bed! We figure it's from both of us sleeping alone on a couch for so long, me 4 years, him 2, we aren't used to having room to move.
    Does this happen to anyone else? Is it comfortable for you to fall asleep with your SO? Was it easy to fall asleep the first time you slept together?

It was very easy to fall asleep next to my SO the first time we slept in the same bed and every time after that has been very comfortable. We usually always start off spooning or cuddled up together but, for me I tend to migrate towards the edge of the bed during the night. My SO doesn't do this but, he always comments about how I always seem to be trying to get away from him. lol! I guess its mostly because I was used to sleeping alone and near the edge of my bed before he came along.

Met Online: 02/2012
    Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
    First Met in person: 09/22/2012
    Started Dating: 10/30/2012
    Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

My SO is a stomach sleeper, so cuddling isn't an all night thing for us We compromise by cuddling for a few when we first get into bed, then kiss each other good night as we move into our positions for the evening! For me, I just sleep better knowing he's there next to me. I always have trouble sleeping when we're apart.

Comment

My SO and I crazy cuddlers. We fall asleep cuddled and if wake up and we're apart, I wrap myself around her. And she does the same thing to me.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

It can happen like that for me and my GF as well. She is an active mover while she sleeps whereas I tend to roll over at most. Often I can end up with her arms around me when I wake up or vice versa, even though I rarely fall asleep with my arms around her.

Comment

We cuddle and spoon before and after we sleep but he is naturally quite "hot". It can be -5 outside and I end up in a full sweat after too long under the covers. We do migrate back closer to each other as one or both of us wakes but we do always try to make a point of giving each other a kiss goodnight before the final crash. The ironic thing is , when on the couch without blankets and snuggling sometimes we do actually fall asleep.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I've never been able to sleep well if I'm being touched at all. If we go to sleep at the same time, he'll hold me until he falls asleep. Then after he's asleep I gently move out of the way so I can sleep too. What's weird though is I can fall asleep with my head in his lap quite often. I love napping that way

Met online: 1/30/11
              Met in person: 5/30/12
              Second visit: 9/12/12
              Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Sometimes I'll lay my head on his shoulder to go to sleep, but about 20 minutes after drifting off he'll usually shove me off. And then we pretty much sleep on our own sides.

We've always slept together well, mainly because he doesn't snore!

Comment

It was hard to fall asleep the first time he came, but mostly because we spent ages talking and then he dozed off and started snoring like a tractor and I kept being woken up, but I generally don't sleep through the night anyway so it wasn't that big of a deal.
                  Joey & Scott
                  Met: April 2002
                  Lost Contact: August 2002
                  Reconnected: April 2010
                  Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We start off cuddling at night but he falls asleep in seconds and I can take hours sometimes. Usually once he is asleep I'll slip out of his arms and on to my stomach.

Comment

We start off cuddling too and normally fall asleep quite fast... sometimes we have to break off before we do. Most of the night we sleep each turned to their own side because we both need a bit more room to breathe and be comfortable, but we always keep contact, whether with feet or bums or backs. If we wake up at night we go back to spooning but we always wake up apart.

Neither of us snores in normal circumstances, only if we have a congestion or the air is particularly dry. And then it's me who's more prone to snoring.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

We both sleep good! We start out spoon cuddling, then he goes on his back and I go on my side facing away from him. I'm the one who tosses and turns with hot flashes in the middle of the night but no matter how I am laying, he always has one hand on my body at all times -- he never lets go -- and that's comforting. He snores but only lightly, I can handle it.
                        February 2012 -- met online
                        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                        April 2013 -- met in person
                        June 2013 -- broke up
                        July 2013 -- back together
                        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

We started out tossing and turning just because it had been so long since either of us slept with someone. But it all worked out, we had lots of pillow talk!! After a week of sleeping with each other, it became hard to sleep without the other. Now, we cuddle most of the night and its awesome!

Comment

Working...
                          X