Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Whenever My Faith Waivers...

...my SO comes through.

I'm not a fan of the "honeymoon" stage. Call me a realist, but I would rather get to the bodily functions, cut-your-toenails-in-bed stage of the relationship when I KNOW a guy is not trying to impress me. So... in my quest to "get real", I have internally been applying the brakes as heavily as I can. For some reason, yesterday, I just had one of those "What the HECK am I thinking", "This is too good to be true" moments, but my SO knew exactly what to say and do to remind me that he's just as much in as I am (isn't it kinda sexy when a GUY admits vulnerability?).

Despite the time difference, he makes it a point to tell me Good Morning every day (even though he's in the middle of his VERY physical job), and he sacrifices sleep to Skype with me every night after I leave work. I know how tired he is, and I have even offered to let him get his rest, but he tells me I'm worth it.

I think my biggest challenge is letting go of past hurts. I was deliriously happy in my last relationship, then the guy totally abandoned me after a job loss. Since then, I've been afraid to be HAPPY. That was also a LDR, but it was only a couple of states apart... not another COUNTRY!!!

Anywho... I just wanted to share that and thank my supporters here. This is new and scary, but I think I'm going to swallow my fears and see how this pans out.

Whoa whoa whoa!

Cutting toenails in bed is NEVER okay!!

Comment

I'm glad you're doing okay, a new relationship is always scary and it's nice when things work out

I agree with lucybelle though, no cutting toenails in bed!
      Joey & Scott
      Met: April 2002
      Lost Contact: August 2002
      Reconnected: April 2010
      Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
        Whoa whoa whoa!

Guilty.

Comment

Haha no cutting toenails in bed! Though on one hand it is kinda nice when a guy is that comfy with you.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa!

Agree 100%, nothing like rolling over and getting a sharp toenail in the butt!!

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa!

Oops, I do this all the time.

Comment

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do that occasionally xD

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                Back Together: August 1,2012
                First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                Engaged: January 17,2013
                Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I think this is awesome. I am cheering for the both of you. Just remember that he has already assured you that he is in this with you all the way and he is not the other guy that left you. Which may I say is a douche, because he too could lose his job and be in the same position. That is not a reason to hurt someone. But this guy has proven himself fro another country....that shows he is a real man and willing to do what it takes for this relationship. It is great to see someone get the happiness they deserve.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa!

Yea...I do this. But i have a quasi legit reason! The bathmats in the bathroom are super light colored and I can't see the clippings when I cut my nails in there. The comforter on the other hand is Black and I can see every single toe nail, clean them up and dispose of them properly! My SO has come to accept this. lol!
                    "You want for myself
                    You get me like no one else
                    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                    Even in the darkest part of me
                    I am beautiful with you
                    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                    You're here with me
                    Just show me this and I'll believe
                    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I like this thread. Also, I CHEW my toe nails. He knows this and yet somehow loves me. That's a keeper.

Comment

Working...
                      X