What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ What does this mean?

I got the following email from my SO on Monday. To clarify, the letters he is referring to are two orders for OxyContin which I just discovered he is addicted to for a torn ACL. The surgery he is referring to is for a torn ACL in his knee. I am not overly concerned with this as I have wanted to end the relationship. But, does it sound like he is setting up to walk away from the relationship or just overwhelmed with his own problems?

The email was sent Monday morning. It is now Wednesday and neither one of us has contacted each other.

The email:

I'm rocked...2 missing letters and such. IDK know what to think anymore...
    And I'm not well..I can't do this anymore, I'm thinking of asking my work to lay me off so I can have surgery..the pain med rodeo has me at the end of my rope..
    I'll be in touch *...you take care love..
    All my best G

I didn't see anything in there that even seemed like it would be about a relationship at all.. just a man that is stressed out and fed up with the way his life is going.

Though I do want to say that if you don't want to be with him then you shouldn't be. You're going to do nothing other than hurt yourself and him by prolonging something when you have already made the decision in your mind.
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

You are right, I need to be frank with him. And I feel like a coward for not doing so. I just cannot be involved with someone who has drug addiction problems and hid it from me for months.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoast View Post
        You are right, I need to be frank with him. And I feel like a coward for not doing so. I just cannot be involved with someone who has drug addiction problems and hid it from me for months.
        I think you're smart. It is a nice concept to be there for a significant through anything, but I've seen this type of addiction break apart even the strongest marriages after year of trying to overcome these problems. You're far away and need to take care of yourself. I'm sorry you have to deal with this and I can understand it being very hard to be "selfish" and end things with him but there is nothing wrong with looking after yourself and your own well-being. *hugs*
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Working...
        X