Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ New here :)

Hi everyone!

Having a difficult day away from my sweetie so I will tell you all a little about our history. I am just hoping to find out if it ever gets easier. We know that we want to spend the rest of our lives together, but we haven't ironed out all of the details. There are many details. But we are both committed to making this happen.

We dated in high school a little and then lost touch for many years. Last year, we reconnected at first through Facebook. We have been traveling back and forth almost monthly for over a year now and we are in love! I know without any doubt that this is the man I will spend the rest of my life with and he feels the same. I have been reading posts here on and off for several months, but today I think I just need to put my story out there. It feels a little therapeutic.

He is coming to see me next week. I am excited and at the same time I always dread the goodbye part. We are fortunate that we have been able to travel often. I have read many of your posts and I know that many do not get to see each other very often. I so feel for you!! We even have my tickets to go see him in August and September, so I guess I should count my blessings. Still, on a day like today just getting from one hour to the next is a challenge.

Thank you for reading my post!!!

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Thank you Blankita!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Hope you and your SO have a good visit!

Comment

Originally posted by chizatlauren View Post
          Welcome to LFAD! Hope you and your SO have a good visit!

Thank you!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Sounds like you'll fit right in! hehe

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
              Welcome to LFAD! Sounds like you'll fit right in! hehe
              Thank you My SO just left for home....feeling a bit down. It's so nice to have people here who understand

Comment

Welcome!! The goodbyes never get any easier. At least for us they didn't. We closed distance in January so we are way too familiar with details about moving. Just tackle them one at a time!!

Comment

welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
                  X