When we part..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ When we part..

I absolutely hate the moment when he leaves, the first few hours after, the first few days since. It's agonizing. He lives only 1.5hrs away but still. I do get to see him about ever other weekend. We both have kids from another relationship so the weekends in between are spent with them. We did live together briefly until he moved to the city to be closer to his daughter. I stayed behind to be near my boys. He came to see me this past weekend after a month of not seeing each other due to financial issues. We had such a nice weekend together. I just always dread the day we have to part. It's hard. I feel a loss for the first few days until I can adjust to being alone. Does anyone else feel like this? Just curious.

Oh yes! My SO and I have only been together for a few months. Last week I went to see her and when I left I just felt completely empty. It's terribly difficult, especially since the distance for us is so far.

Comment

Yes! I already get teary eyed the evening before departing. For me it takes about a week to adjust.

Comment

I understand this feeling so well. My love is coming for Christmas, yay, but I already know how empty I'll feel when he's gone. And the adjustment back sucks!

Comment

Really hard to part. Simply sad and brutal, feels like my heart gets ripped out and the feeling lasts for days. So everything in me alters between reliving the beautiful memories and realizing I will not experience something like that for some time! For him it is even worse I think. He takes it hard and it is like he does not really understand what is happening to him. He alters between talking about coming sooner and not wanting to engage in future talk. Probably we need to get some ground rules for how to be around each other, post-visit.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Oh, thank God. I thought it was just me!!!! It's AWFUL! I just told my SO that it's not so much the DISTANCE that is so hard, it's seeing him for a day or two and then who knows when again(?) that is what hurts so badly. I am ok by myself, but when I am with him for a day......everything changes. Sunlight fills my soul. I am used to dark clouds.....but not the sunshine that he fills my life with. When we part, I go back to the usual gray skies.....but somehow they seem so much darker. It's almost not even worth the sunlit moments. But without them......Well, I couldn't handle that, either. I guess it's called, "Welcome to a LDR."

Comment

Originally posted by Aelinn View Post
              Oh, thank God. I thought it was just me!!!! It's AWFUL! I just told my SO that it's not so much the DISTANCE that is so hard, it's seeing him for a day or two and then who knows when again(?) that is what hurts so badly. I am ok by myself, but when I am with him for a day......everything changes. Sunlight fills my soul. I am used to dark clouds.....but not the sunshine that he fills my life with. When we part, I go back to the usual gray skies.....but somehow they seem so much darker. It's almost not even worth the sunlit moments. But without them......Well, I couldn't handle that, either. I guess it's called, "Welcome to a LDR."
              Yep! I am going to see him in three days. Already dreading leaving...and I haven't got there yet. And we see each other at least once a month!
              sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I love you, Aelinn. I got excited reading this thread, not seeing your name, and thinking, "Wow, 233 miles! NY/PA! 34 yrs old! That sounds like US!!! Oh ... wait ..."

One day the dark clouds will part for good.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewplaid View Post
                  I love you, Aelinn. I got excited reading this thread, not seeing your name, and thinking, "Wow, 233 miles! NY/PA! 34 yrs old! That sounds like US!!! Oh ... wait ..."

One day the dark clouds will part for good.
                  BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Love you, silly!

Comment

Good luck. Once a month is super tough (in my opinion).

Comment

Well I posted that me and my SO get into fights before we leave because it is easier than crying and leaving sad. Time actually flies faster when you are mad.. I know it's weird but its our own way of dealing with living on two different continents and being without each other for 6 months!!

Comment

I went to visit my SO twice and both times it was extremely hard to leave him. What keeps me going is the thought of seeing him again and us closing the distance (hopefully soon).

Comment

He is coming to visit in 2 weeks for 6 days!!! And I'm already dredging saying goodbye.

Comment

Saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I can't believe someone so amazing has entered my life and to be separated by such a distance hurts physically.

Comment

Working...
                            X