No announcement yet.

First argument?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to say if we have really argued because when I'm frustrated about our LD and want to know about our future, he says he doesn't have an answer yet and if I pressure him, he shuts up. My steam builds up and I keep talking and talking and he won't say a word and we leave Skype. We've had many of those, always for the same reason. It is building my patience being apart but very very slowly. We are very much in love and if I keep nagging about next meet out of the picture we are fine and get alone fine.

Comment

We've had a few arguments. Most of the time, we can discuss things peacefully, and we both make a lot of effort to communicate about our issues. Just sometimes, our issues clash and we get worked up. He has a short temper sometimes and can get way defensive when he feels threatened, and I can be too much of a hardass when it comes to getting things done and being open and blunt about matters. It never gets to the point of insults, at least, and I really want to keep it that way.

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

We have had minor disagreements. We usually talk it out and reach a compromise. I think it is part of the strength of our relationship. We can hold different views and acknowledge the other person's opinion.

Comment

This kind of helped reading through. We're going through a tough period right now. He's worn out with things going on in his life, says he's "on guard" with me now, and everything I say is flipping his lid at me. We had our first real disagreement several weeks ago and it seems we can't move past it. I told him I would give him space, which basically means I'm not going to be talking to him until he's ready to talk to me, but I don't know where things go from here. I'm just going to remember the things he's taught me; patience and not making assumptions even when there is a lack of communication are things he values. I'm honestly scared I'm going to lose him during this time, he seems inconsolable, but he's reassured me that we haven't hit that place yet. I'm learning a new level of trust, I guess, however difficult it might be. In all honesty, thought, I am a mass of confusion at hurt at the moment.
          "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

When you are ready to talk again...be clear and let him know what is upsetting you as well.
            He needs to give you the same respect and communication is a must for your relationship.
            Hoping you both talking soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth123 View Post
              Hoping you both talking soon
              Me too I've tried talking to him about how his behavior is upsetting me, but he's just not ready to hear it yet. I've started wondering if he'll ever be ready. Time will tell
              "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

We just had our first argument-argument last month, (after 18 months of being together) about a dinner table of all things.
                Even though it escalated to rised voices it was never a fight.

In my opinion there is a difference between a fight and argument.

Fights usually stray from the topic at hand and start pulling the things out from under the carpet and there is name calling and putting a blame on someone or something.

Arguments even if there are rised voices, nervous shouts etc usually stay on topic and there is no one getting hurt.
                “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X