Senior citizens and LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Senior citizens and LDR

I was just wondering if I am the oldest one here, or if there are other senior citizens who are spending their golden years in a LDR. It would be interesting to compare notes and see what issues pop up that younger couples don't have.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

We've had a few 60+ members here, one is a regular, but others tend to fade away as the forum is mostly teens and 20-somethings. It can be hard to relate sometimes. Welcome though, stick around, this place could use the diversity.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello, I am new here, I'm 54 and currently in a ldr

Comment

Although I'm not a senior citizen yet, I am older; I'm 47, and my SO is in his 50's. I think older folks do have a different take on LDR's. We also have more experience in life in general. I love reading the stories from all ages, though. I think we can all learn from one another. I love that we can all share what we do have in common - long distance love.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
          Although I'm not a senior citizen yet, I am older; I'm 47, and my SO is in his 50's. I think older folks do have a different take on LDR's. We also have more experience in life in general. I love reading the stories from all ages, though. I think we can all learn from one another. I love that we can all share what we do have in common - long distance love.
          I think it will be good to have some diversity, too, and maybe some of us older ones can help out the younger ones a bit, too, because, as you said, we do have more life experience to draw from. On the other hand, sometimes I am just as lost as they are, because this is the first LDR I've ever had with someone I met online, and haven't even met in person. The only face-to-face contact we have had is on Skype video. So, in some ways, I am still learning as I go, and as days have gone by, it has become 4 years since we met. Still going strong.

Comment

I wonder what is the public perception for older people in LDRs? I hope I am not being rude, but I know it is hard sometimes for me and people from my generation and even younger, despite us being quite used to (or in some cases grew up with) Internet and social media. And even though I try to surround myself with positive people I still get the odd look and the skeptical comment ...

Comment

I will be hitting the big 50 this year.....so although not technically a senior, I will be a card carrying member of AARP. Wish I could say my SO was a senior.....but he's only 40! Lol.
              sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

My SO is 56 and I'm 40. So yeah, we could be living in one of those active adult communities.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Well! So much for me being the oldest here! Welcome AussiAmericanGirl66! Glad to have you aboard!
                  February 2012 -- met online
                  August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                  April 2013 -- met in person
                  June 2013 -- broke up
                  July 2013 -- back together
                  August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                  October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                  April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Originally posted by Benni View Post
                    Well! So much for me being the oldest here! Welcome AussiAmericanGirl66! Glad to have you aboard!
                    I was beginning to wonder if there were others like me! You know what they say about 60 now, that it's the new 40, or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by OperaDiva View Post
                      I wonder what is the public perception for older people in LDRs? I hope I am not being rude, but I know it is hard sometimes for me and people from my generation and even younger, despite us being quite used to (or in some cases grew up with) Internet and social media. And even though I try to surround myself with positive people I still get the odd look and the skeptical comment ...
                      You are not alone. People are skeptical about Long Distance Relationships in general, especially if a couple meets online. But the heart doesn't care about boundaries and barriers. The heart only knows LOVE.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
                        You know what they say about 60 now, that it's the new 40, or something to that effect.
                        I wish I felt like I did at 40! hahahahha! Nevertheless, I feel as giddy as a youngun who's in love. Love is grand no matter the age.
                        February 2012 -- met online
                        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                        April 2013 -- met in person
                        June 2013 -- broke up
                        July 2013 -- back together
                        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

I for one am happy to have you all here, I value all the advice and feedback I get on this forum but sometimes it is nice to have someone with more general life experience's view on things because they may be able to see a little further in the distance than I can!
                          So... thank you ladies!

Met in July 2006
                          Dated very briefly in November 2006
                          Reconnected in July 2011
                          Something changed in August 2013
                          He visited in November 2013
                          I traveled in November 2013
                          I visit in February 2014

Comment

Hi! I'm 40 and my friend is 48.

Comment

Well Im 58 and my SO is 56. Weve dated in the past but now is different. H started searching for me several years ago as we had lost touch and found me last year. Were both from WV but right now he is in Texas for a while. He plans to move here when he can. Right now finances keep us apart as well as me taking care of my mom. Im glad to know Im not the only older woman here also. Lots of chemistry here. I didnt expect to find all this at 57-58!

Comment

Working...
                              X