New LDR :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ New LDR :)

After a couple of disastrous LDRs (more so because the guy wasn't what he claimed to be), I totally swore off the notion of ever being in one again. Then after a series of equally disastrous attempts to find a local relationship, I find myself in an LDR. While very new, it feels really comfortable and nice. I'm taking it day by day and just letting it develop, but for once in my life I'm refusing to be afraid of what an LDR could mean (i.e. possible relocation for me) or what people might think and I'm just going with it. It feels very liberating and I'm finally happy. Wish me luck that this is the happy ending that I've been waiting for

Welcome to the forum.......... and Good Luck!!!
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean. I think we all have felt like we never wanted to date "so and so" again.. I think the thing to remember is that you cannot help who you fall in love with. I think if I could help it, I wouldn't have fallen for the most stubborn Finnish man in the world (HAHA I really enjoy being with him when things are good and we are together. It has been a lot of hard work, even when we didn't have the distance. On top of cultural differences (as a Texas girl I know the difference in Texans and NYers , you have all of the other nuances of living apart that you just dont have when you live in the same city. For example, I cant surprise my SO anymore and show up and cook. He can't call me and take me out for a quick dinner. We dont have the luxury of regular sex.. WOW that must be the hardest part!!

I like being seen by him as exotic (being so unlike he girls in his town). I enjoy hearing the accent when we talk. I just enjoy the different point of view. Try to do that too and not focus on the past!!

Congrats!!

Comment

Welcome! Love seeing people who aren't teenagers join the forums (Not that I don't have great affection for some of them, but I am in my mid-30's!)

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I agree with you, Blankita719, that it's nice to be in the company of those around your own age. While we share the same ups and downs of our younger LDR brethren, there are some 30+ issues that only we can understand

I forgot to mention in my original post that today there was a "wow" kinda moment for me. He and I had a great chat last night (as usual), but the more I thought about it, there was something just different about this one. I had this great feeling afterwards. I was texting a couple of friends about it and low and behold, he texted me about how much he enjoyed the conversation last night! Maybe I'm in that girlie phase of the relationship, but I found that uncanny and I was just tickled by it, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by TexastoFinland View Post
            Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean. I think we all have felt like we never wanted to date "so and so" again.. I think the thing to remember is that you cannot help who you fall in love with. I think if I could help it, I wouldn't have fallen for the most stubborn Finnish man in the world (HAHA I really enjoy being with him when things are good and we are together. It has been a lot of hard work, even when we didn't have the distance. On top of cultural differences (as a Texas girl I know the difference in Texans and NYers , you have all of the other nuances of living apart that you just dont have when you live in the same city. For example, I cant surprise my SO anymore and show up and cook. He can't call me and take me out for a quick dinner. We dont have the luxury of regular sex.. WOW that must be the hardest part!!

I like being seen by him as exotic (being so unlike he girls in his town). I enjoy hearing the accent when we talk. I just enjoy the different point of view. Try to do that too and not focus on the past!!

Congrats!!
            Haha! Yeah, us NYers are different from Texans...but I'm enjoying it! He's been to NY before (as recently as September, but that was before we met), but I've never been to Texas. We're already talking about me visiting him during the summer since I'm on vacation (joys of being a teacher!). Although I'm going to suggest he come up here maybe even earlier than that. Truth be told, though, some of our best conversations are those where we compare our home cities in an all too cute, yet slightly competitive kinda way, haha.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, LDR's aren't anything to be afraid of, especially when you're a little older and more secure with yourself
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

to LFAD!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and, definitely, good luck. I truly hope this one is perfect for you.

Comment

Hi!
                    Welcome to forum! New here myself and from Westchester and SO in Tx...small planet

Comment

I'm new as well! So welcome!

Comment

Welcome! I'm in the same boat myself! Wishing you all the best!

Comment

Working...
                        X