Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Worried

So I posted before that I brought up putting a time frame on the distance with my SO. Since then he has hardly contacted me. Texts are few and far between. Skype is nonexistent. The texts I do get are "just got home, tired. Going to bed."

He says he's been working like crazy. I can understand if that's the case. But I'm still worried that now since I brought the distance thing up he's pulling away. No idea what to do. Any advice? Thanks

What do you mean by time frame?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      What do you mean by time frame?
      time frame noun
      : a period of time that is used or planned for a particular action or project

Full Definition of TIME FRAME

: a period of time especially with respect to some action or project
      See time frame defined for English-language learners »
      Examples of TIME FRAME

They were not able to finish the project within the established time frame.

Comment

No, I mean what's the lenght of the time frame and why does she think it is a reasonable one? Is it like, I can't take it for anymore than a year, or related to anything special?

I would love to set a time when our long distance should end, I just don't know what would be the use of that, since we are already doing what we can.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ok my SO other and I are only two hours away. Most of that is a ferry ride. He asked if I would move to his side. I said possibly if everything's going well. So when I brought up doing to distance for a year and a half to two years then me moving over. I asked what he thought was a good time frame. That's when he's seemed to be more distant.

Comment

Originally posted by Karysma View Post
            Ok my SO other and I are only two hours away. Most of that is a ferry ride. He asked if I would move to his side. I said possibly if everything's going well. So when I brought up doing to distance for a year and a half to two years then me moving over. I asked what he thought was a good time frame. That's when he's seemed to be more distant.
            Hm. I'm not sure. It could be a different number of things, really. He could really be tired and overworked. Or, he could think that the time frame is too soon, or too far away. Either way, you should probably talk to him. Ask him how he's doing and how's work. Maybe even bring this up, and just say that the time frame you gave was just you throwing out ideas (which I assume is true) and you're not trying to put pressure on him, just throwing out ideas and a general time frame.

Comment

For me, it works more in thinking about events than actual time. That makes it more into a stepping stone situation than one where my patience calls the shots. Like, first this will happen, then that, and so on and before you know it everything makes perfect sense and is workable as a plan to close the distance.

Comment

Working...
              X