Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Life is good

Little update.

We're both still kinda struggling with being apart, but daily skype calls help with that.

A couple of weeks back, we met up half way for a weekend of fun. I had something to get off my back that weekend. I think she was a little worried when I initially mentioned that I needed to talk to her about something.....she quickly realized that it was not a bad thing I had to talk to her about. I asked, and she said YES!! She couldn't believe it was real, but indeed, she's the one I want to marry! That was at the beginning of March.

I spent last week with her in her new place. Quite the change from the home we have here. Her new place is pretty tiny. Roommates. Great roommates actually. Luckily they all work in her department at the University, so they have a common way of living.

Friday she comes here for a week. Back home to her dog, cat, home and me!

Planning a wedding......jeezuz!! More work than one might think!!

Awwwww congrats on getting engaged

Comment

That's great news Best wishes to you both!
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations on your engagement! Glad to hear that everything is going well

Comment

Congratulations on getting engaged!

Comment

Congratulations! :-)
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

How exciting! Congratulations on the engagement

Comment

Thanks ya'll! We're both pretty excited and are eagerly planning our wedding. Probably a year away from that happening, but we both want to make sure everything is planned properly and not feeling rushed to get it all done.

I can say one thing...It was tough going into this whole thing after being together day after day for so long. Truth is, we've really grown a lot, and it hasn't even been that long 'apart' yet. We spend an hour or two on skype every day. Morning for coffee and in the evening right before bed. It really helps that we're still in the same timezone.

Months ago I was reading about the whole LDR thing and honestly was pretty scared and worried. Now, though, everything I read from folks that have done it makes sense. Communication grows stronger. I still miss her every minute of the day, but at the same time I've now realized how much we both really mean to each other. It's tough, but its definitely worth the wait in the long run. I guess we're kind of lucky too. Haven't gone more than 2 weeks without a visit yet. We intend on seeing eachother monthly at the least.

Comment

Working...
                X