help I am becoming a workaholic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ help I am becoming a workaholic

I started my relationship in Jan and although it's not easy to be in an LDR things are on track. My boyfriend has a job that doesn't pay much and I am in a position that I can advance and also pick up overtime however since the burden is on me alone financially to see him I have been working so much overtime about (70-80 hrs per week) to pay for the trips and the hotel stay and food that I am getting stressed out and resenting him for it. I usually would not work so much and take my weekends and go have fun with my friends and plan trips near home but since I have met him all this has stopped. How can I still get the funds I need for my trips to see my love and not be so stressed about not having any free time? ----Where is the balance?

How often do you go to see him? If it's often, maybe you should cut back. It sucks, but I had to do that once money became tight for me. Maybe you could talk to him about maybe paying for some things since you seem to be paying for everything. Maybe he could pay for dinner one night while you are there, something to alleviate a tiny bit of the pressure. Other than that, I really don't have much advice because it seems that you put this on yourself to do. Did he ever ask you to pay for everything?

Comment

While I don't work overtime, I have experience with the sum if it all becoming a bit too much. In the fall, I did so much to visit, keep my job and fix my economy. I have stretched beyond my ability and now I just have to cut back a little bit. There is no use affording visits a lot if you daily life is becoming increasingly stressful. Try to see if you can use some money on your friends and such, too, and have some time off where you are not travelling to your SO. You risk becoming exhausted or/and doing a bad job.

I have done this for bordering 2 years and it does get tiring. So try to relax a bit.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I think what both whatruckus and differentcountries said is really great, but I would also suggest saving more. It might sound obvious but it seems like many people forget about the saving part. As whatruckus said, possibly cut back on visits a little bit, just by one or two maybe (if you do visit often). Also, save money on the little things. You don't need to work so much more if you cut out the small expenses. Eat out a few less times a week or don't get the morning coffee/tea, make it at home instead. The money you would use to get take out or that cup of coffee you could put aside, it will add up quickly. Don't buy new clothes as often if you don't *need* to. The little things definitely count.

Comment

Working...
        X