Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Trying to stay positive...

Gonna have a bit of a moan here!

My ex is being a complete idiot. He cannot accept the fact that it's over. I have been really very accommodating of him, I have waited a long time before even discussing divorce details and I will be filing in the new year. He had a mental breakdown after I finally got him to leave the family home over 2 years ago (we had already been separated for over a year) and I felt it was the best for everyone if I went down the route of divorcing after 2 years separation rather than dragging up everything he did in court. I have not had any child maintenance from him, he has not contributed one penny towards the mortgage on this house for 5 years and now he is kicking off at me, saying he wants his share of the house and there is no way in earth he is going to let my SO visit and stay in "his house" and sleep with "his wife" in "his bed". He has got the kids asking questions about where SO will be sleeping when he visits, and recently my eldest daughter and SO have been chatting via email (which I think is great) and he has told her that my SO is a weirdo and possibly a paedophile.

I am so so angry. I am thinking that it may be an idea to wait until the divorce has been finalised before SO comes to visit. I don't want SO to have to deal with all my ex's crap, it's just really winds me up! I have not told SO about what he has said about him as he would probably punch his lights out when they meet in person!

It's just so annoying, he is such a child. It's all about him, if he could just act like an adult we could stay friends for the sake of the kids but he just doesn't seem capable of seeing that. Jeez if I had gone for a CD relationship my bf would be here a lot more than my SO is!

I cannot wait to get this idiot out of my life, I'm trying to be as diplomatic as possible, trying not to put a foot wrong so he has nothing he can hang on me but all the time I just want to stab the f**ker with a rusty knife. He destroyed my confidence over the years and now I have that back, he seems intent on destroying my future happiness. All I want is for the kids to meet SO and be as taken with him as I am, I know they will love him as much as I do but their stupid father is so insecure he can't handle it! I would be so happy if he got a gf, as long as she was nice to my kids I couldn't care less. You'd think he would be happy that I had met someone so dedicated to me and interested in the kids and willing to take on that huge responsibility, but no. It's all about him.

Ugh.

Sorry you are having a tough time. My husband was divorced long before we met and no children so it was easier to deal with in our relationship.
    Keep focused on your goals and if he can't behave like an adult then that's on him.
    Maybe ask your SO what he thinks without discussing the infantile insults....?
    Best wishes to you in the New Year!

Comment

I found this thread in here also. Sorry to hear about your ex. Just came to my mind. Do you think your SO's reluctance on visiting you has to do with your husband/marriage if your divorce process is not even on it's way yet? It may be one factor even if he's not saying it. It may turn into a mess if your ex wants to make things ugly. My SO is working on divorce at the moment and knowing that he is legally free will be very significant.

Comment

I dont think you should live in such relationship where your husband just abuse you and dont even respect you and your feelings.You said he went to jail also.This is the time to take a proper step dont think what people think about think only about yourself see as you are the one who has to suffer or take help of a legal person.

Comment

Working...
        X