Post advice for newbies to LDRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Post advice for newbies to LDRs

I recently reconnected with my high school sweetheart over the internet and we picked up right where we left off. My first love! We won't see each other for 5 months so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to LFAD! Well, there's an awful lot to an LDR, just like a close distance relationship. What kind of advice are you hoping for? I can give you our usual blanket advice of stay busy, keep communication open, don't worry about what others think, but those are everywhere here.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
      Welcome to LFAD! Well, there's an awful lot to an LDR, just like a close distance relationship. What kind of advice are you hoping for? I can give you our usual blanket advice of stay busy, keep communication open, don't worry about what others think, but those are everywhere here.
      How do you keep the relationship fresh? Talk/text only goes so far. What are some fun things you can do while not actually being in the same place?

Comment

Originally posted by LALDR View Post
        How do you keep the relationship fresh? Talk/text only goes so far. What are some fun things you can do while not actually being in the same place?
        You can watch movies together. Have Skype dates where you cook dinner "together" and then sit down and have a meal. My SO likes me to send pics or videos when I go out with my daughters on day trips so he can feel involved.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks! I like the idea of video so we can still be involved.

Comment

Working...
          X