Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Visit #2.. Germany

Dont mind me, just recording my memories

Again, full of nerves, exited the plane in a seemingly tiny airport in Munich, Germany. In hindsight the airport is HUGE, but I was just in a really small part. As soon as I picked up my luggage- half the size from our first meeting since I realized that I didn’t need that many clothes for a week long leisure trip- I exited the airport and caught 2 trains to his town. I called from the train station and he gave me directions to get a taxi to his apartment, at this time my phone was very close to dead so I was a little nervous. I managed to tell the taxi driver his address just as my phone shut off. We pulled up in front of his apartment and a neighbor let me in the main entrance. Since my phone was dead, he didn’t know where I was so after a minute or so in the lobby, I heard him coming down the stairs to come find me. Yes, a very awkward arrival but his familiar smile warmed me, we kissed and he led me to his apartment. His apartment was definitely a bachelor pad, but this was temporary housing until he signed the contract for his job. It was very neat; just like his appearance, and warm. I can tell he turned on the room heater to make sure everything was comfortable for my arrival.

After we rested, he ran a warm bath. His bathroom was strange to me, very narrow and cold.. A bathtub with a hose shower head, very European like the bathroom in Holland. We bathed and headed outside for dinner where we met up with his good friend. His friend wasn’t as warm. Not very inviting, actually the opposite, he asked me cold questions (do you have kids? how old are you? as if he was sizing me up. he even asked me if I would write him an invitation to visit the US but I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not...) I wasn’t comfortable with him at all, but I was still giddy to be around my boyfriend that I didn’t mind it. On the way home we picked up groceries for breakfast (he doesn’t drink coffee but I NEED coffee in the morning to survive!) and headed back home.

The next 2 or 3 days were full of fun and rest! We cooked together, played music, watched movies, went out throughout the town and took pictures! We visited castles and pastry shops. We had more light and fun conversations than deep ones, I think it was because we were just caught up enjoying eachother. Usually, on skype our conversations are deep. I am usually the one questioning every detail and he is the one watching me and answering my questions. Nevertheless, I felt very comfortable with him. Everyday he ran a bath for me, we bath together and dress together, he always made a point to put lotion on me, and I found it so funny that he tried to match his clothes with mine. I loved watching him get dressed because he took so much care with his clothes, jewelry and cologne.
    One evening his friend met us again and we drove to his other friends house, they hadn’t been able to contact him for a few days so they decided to just go check on him, I thought that was very sweet. I met his friend and wife/children, and we sat around and chatted a bit, this friend I liked much more, he was warm and friendly and included me in all of the conversations even when they were speaking their first language.
    In the airport I cried. I never think I would cry, but I always do. He hugged and kissed me until very last minute and watched me go through TSA until we couldn’t see eachother anymore.

On the plane I caught the Flu. I was sick with a high temperature and he called me throughout the days to check on me. He watched me sleep on skype and helped me keep track of my medicine: 1 every 6 hours, 2 every 4 hours and 2 twice a day..so confusing! I was miserable and he was there. I felt his care and concern.

When I am with him I don’t feel sparks and I don’t feel madly in love. I feel comfortable and warm, like I’ve known him forever. I’m used to the passionate sparks from younger relationships, but I guess…maybe things change.. I am also used to sex, but with him, it like… making love. It’s like I’m dating someone who already knows how to be in a relationship, while I’m clumsy and reluctant.. He tells me he loves me every day and I say it back, but I don’t know if I love him or if I just like him a lot. Nevertheless, I enjoy his company.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully all is still going well with you.

Comment

Beautiful to read ... Hope all is well ... My Beau is also in Germany and we both have children ... And we are connected .. she's visited me in India and I have visited her in Germany too , she's coming again this year and I will visit again next year

Comment

Working...
      X