This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Advice on LDR

So when I joined this site my SO and I just broke up. We recently got back together which is amazing. He was meeting up with a group of friends for a local event, or so he thought. This was all organized by a young lady that he just recently met through the group of friends. I will admit I was a bit concerned since she's showed up she's shown interest in him but I trust him. He's stated before he has no attraction to her and that their just friends and so I believe him.
    So he calls me up after the event and tells me that no one else showed up, it was just him and the young lady. We both agree that most likely they set it up that way. She also flirted with him hard as well, he told her again he has a gf which I was glad to hear. He also admit to her that "when she first came into the building the day they met he was attracted to her but tells her that they couldn't be together" He has been down ever since. I just want to make sure that this isnt all in my head or perhaps I'm just over thinking.

First it hurts that he admits to her that he was/is attracted to her but would tell me otherwise. Then to tell her they couldn't be together, as if I'm an obstacle. I asked him if he wanted to be with her, but he says he knows her type, shes in for the mind games and he would get hurt. That didnt answer my question. I ask if he still wanted to be with me and he responses " I would think with what I said to her shows that I do want to be with you". He reminds me that with all that he still came home to me, which is true but I feel conflicted. I know LDRs are hard, very hard. When we met he didnt think anyone local found him attracted, we even broke up and got back together because of LD. I plan to visit in the summer of next yr, in order to set things up for me to move there but now I feel like perhaps I was the only one that had eyes for him while his eyes still lingered. Don't get me wrong I did telll him if he meet someone there that he wants to be with go for it, I'll back off. I want his happiness over everything else but he keeps telling me all he wants is me.

Am I overthinking it, is it normal what just happened? Should I just let it go since he said he does want to be with me. I'm not mad at him, but I am conflicted and hurt. He doesn't like when I drag on topics but sometimes I feel like he doesn't like telling me everything he is feeling/thinking until days later where he will admit I was right about something or wrong. Just looking for advice, I guess would any of you be concerned if this happen to you guys? How would you possibly handle it.

I know its my choice in the end and no one is psychic just want to know if anyone went through anything like this.

Reading thru your threads, I think I saw that you recently broke up with an unhealthy relationship, but yet now you're planning your entire future with someone you've known threeish months? To be brutally honest, this approach to a relationship does not seem healthy to me, either. You cannot possibly know someone (ever, really, but I digress) in that short amount of time, even if it feels like you do. My only advice would be slow down, give yourself time to heal from the last relationship, and focus on building a strong foundation. Focus on building up yourself so you do have a life outside of your SO. Your SO should add to your life, not be your life.

This is probably not even close to what you wanted to hear. With a strong foundation though, it's easier to work through the bumps in life. Hope this helps!
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X