No announcement yet.

Now I know why he's been so distant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Now I know why he's been so distant.

Hi, I haven't posted here in a year but a lot has happend.

I finally saw my bf after 2 years and I thought things were great again.

He broke down a couple of days ago because I told him he's been so distant this past year and a half. He told me he was talking to someone else on the same forum we met on.

I had my suspicions early on but never wanted to accuse him of something so painful. My gut was right. He emotionally cheated (not physically) and he broke down crying and told me everything.

I love him so much I can't break up with him and I never heard him cry or talk like this to me, so I can tell he's genuinely sorry and keeps telling me he loves me.

I just feel very conflicted. It hurts me so much but at the same time I don't want to lose him.

Do I give him one more chance?

An emotional affair is still cheating and I personally wouldn’t want to continue seeing it was going on the majority of the relationship. Trust and communication are the 2 biggest things you need in a ldr. Do you think you could trust him after this? If he doesn’t get back to you straight away will you automatically stress and think he’s talking to her or someone else? I personally couldn’t continue like that but I’m not you, only you can decide that. Is he still talking to her? A year and a half is a long to emotionally invest in someone else, do you trust him to not communicate with her?

So sorry you are going through this.

Comment

Oh no, sorry to hear this! Afraid to say that I could never stay with a cheater. I would never be able to trust that they wouldn't do it again. Having been cheated on in the past in a closed distance relationship I know how hard this is though. I remember the feelings of thinking what is wrong with me. To be brutally blunt (because sometimes we all need that) - do you really think that he loved you when he was messaging someone else. That is what I found a bitter pill to swallow when I was cheated on. Trust me, there is someone out there for you that wont be interested in messaging other people because they will only have eyes for you. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X