Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Dealing with Partner and their health

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here has to deal with their partner's health issues due to their age? My sweetheart is 25 years older than me and his health is not so good these days. He thinks he is younger than he is but he is not. I love him very much and at this point even though we are engaged, we are not going to be able to get married. He told me that he was most disappointed in that bit but with covid and his health it won't be possible. I cried about this for a few days but I guess I knew what I was getting myself into when we started dating. I think about it everyday but he is just going about his daily tasks so he has resigned himself to our fate. He remains supportive and loving of me no matter how crappy he feels. Just wanted to know if anyone else has this experience. Thanks
    LeoJ

sigpic

I see that you are 54, so that would make your SO 79?

As far as that goes, you are as young as you feel. Or rather, he is as young as he feels. With an AGR, yes, it is a concern when one partner gets older and has health issues. But health issues have nothing to do with age, or age difference. I am a widower. We were married 29.5 years when my late wife succumbed to Pneumonia as a result of Parkinson's disease. She was only 63 years old and had Parkinson's over half of our 29.5 years.

I am now 67 years old and in a AGR/LDR (she started out as local) with a wonderful gorgeous 29 year old. We will be soon closing the distance gap, and she has promised she will take care of me as I get older, knowing that I already have some health issues. I don't let them keep me down and am trying to remain active. And, yes, we have already hinted at marriage.

Love is too precious a commodity to let it go to waste. If you find someone you love and they love you I would say to go ahead with your plans. This Covid pandemic will not last for ever. The most important thing is to keep communicating. Let him know your feelings, and he should tell you his.

Comment

Thank you for replying. My SO always tells me about his health but not everything because I think he wants to spare me and I think he doesn't remember some stuff. He's pretty vain about that. I can't put hope in thinking we will close the gap anytime soon with all that is happening and I don't believe he will be able to travel with his issues. He was totally fine to come here twice last year but his health has gotten worse. I have some reasons which won't let me leave here to go to the UK not to mention having to file all the paperwork to stay in the country. Thank you again for coming in to comment!😊
      LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

Oh my...I'm so happy to read about other couples with a bigger age gap here! My SO is 22 years my senior. He's the most amazing person on earth for me. Unfortunately we haven't been able to meet yet although we're in a committed relationship since nearly 4 years now. Partly because of his health issues. He had some of them already when we met and was close to death twice in our relationship.
        Now we had our first meeting booked in May. Everything was settled. Canceled because of Covid.
        Some days I'm stressing so much about us running out of time with all these delays especially with Covid now. Speak of high anxiety.
        But leaving him is no option. He gives me so much. We're together all the time despite being so far apart.
        But I still stress that I won't get to meet him. Or that he can't fly because of his health issues.
        Now I just made the mistake of looking at some of the news. Norway extending travel bans. No word on the US since over 6 months.
        I'm crying a river and get so scared.

Comment

Working...
        X