Going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going crazy

Hello, a little about me, 38(f) and my boyfriend is 30(m). I wasn't expecting to meet him. I was married for 15 years. There was a 24 year age gap. Things went well, mostly, although looking back there was emotional and verbal abuse. I met my ex through a Christian dating site and we talked for a year before meeting in person. He was an hour away. Anyway, I was 23 living with my Mom who is super overprotective and she freaked out. My ex wound up getting a lot of health problems cancer, leg amputated, kidney failure and liver failure. I was working full time (I was the breadwinner) and being a caregiver. The last time he was hospitalized I realized I couldn't do it anymore.

I moved back to NM from TX and am living back with my Mom. I am getting back on my feet and the move cost a lot of money. I have not told her about my bf since it is still early. I know I am an adult but know she finds Internet relationships dangerous and some of my lifestyle choices she would not agree with. My mother is 76, btw.

I wasn't allowed to explore a lot of my interests during my marriage as my ex did not approve. I met my bf this way and wasn't expecting to. We both know we would like to close the gap. I haven't driven in years because of my autism, and he lives at home to. I can do visits in the future, but think I am going crazy trying to figure out how we would close this gap with finances and logistics issues. Moving would benefit my career as I am in education and would like to get into academia, eventually.

I should mention, I do not have children, just my two doggies. He doesn't have kids either and has never been married

Comment

Working...
    X