We're Meeting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're Meeting!!

I know a bunch of people wait a while before they meet, but we aren't really doing anything traditional. We met on an online dating site, talked on there for several weeks then slowly started texting each other and then started talking on the phone. Now our two month anniversary is on the 13th, and I can't wait it feels like we have known each other forever and yet we just started talking. We've been planning on meeting for a while, but it always seemed like it would never come. He came up with the idea to meet in St Louis under the arch because its the halfway point for both of us, its in a popular area, and as he says it will be "romantic." Both of our families are very supportive, and his friends are very supportive. We really aren't taking any of our relationship slow, but it feels natural and we are just letting it happen. I'm nervous. I've never been nervous about meeting any of my ex's before (I've met several of my ex-boyfriends online) but I'm really nervous about meeting this guy. Both of us will be completely heartbroken if it doesn't go good, and I'm terrified that it will end badly. I know there is no reason for it but I'm still nervous. We're meeting this Friday (the 15th) at 4:30pm under the arch.

Sorry for the rant...my mind is going a hundred miles a minute.

Yay! Congrats on meeting soon! I would not suggest what you say is "traditional" and wait a long time to meet. Me and my SO have been talking for just about a year and are just going to meet for the first time next month. Not fun. Also meeting under the arch sounds so awesome and romantic! Have fun!
    First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 5000miles View Post
      Yay! Congrats on meeting soon! I would not suggest what you say is "traditional" and wait a long time to meet. Me and my SO have been talking for just about a year and are just going to meet for the first time next month. Not fun. Also meeting under the arch sounds so awesome and romantic! Have fun!
      I saw your post too. Congrats!! Where are you meeting at? We definitely didn't want to wait a long time. I understand about your nerves in your post I've been driving myself crazy waiting for 5 weeks!!

Comment

I am so excited for you! Don't let your nerves get the best of you, just go with the flow You are going to have so much fun!

Comment

Of course you're going to be nervous, you really like him! Don't worry about it, just go with it and have a great time. Meeting under the arch sounds awesome, and I think it's great that you get to meet sooner rather than later, I would have done the same thing if my LDR wasn't international and a little more tricky to work out the logistics Have fun and try not to worry too much!
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh my gosh how exciting, I'm so happy for you both! It does sound romantic meeting half way, and as for traditional... more than 76% of traditional relationships (meeting the 'normal' way) end with in the first 2 years, and 52% of traditional marriages end in divorce, so traditional is almost a guaranteed death sentence to a relationship. Let us know how it turns out!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by H87 View Post
              I saw your post too. Congrats!! Where are you meeting at? We definitely didn't want to wait a long time. I understand about your nerves in your post I've been driving myself crazy waiting for 5 weeks!!
              We're actually meeting at the airport in Salt Lake, where I live. And then we're flying together to California. He's from England.
              First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Meeting online is the new traditional

I hope you have a great time!
                In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I wanted to meet my SO as soon as possible too...and because we had the means we did...

Congrats!!!! Let us know how it goes..and we are ALL here to help settle your nerves too!
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Good luck!! So excited for you!!

Just to be on the safe side, in the very, very unlikely possibility that something goes wrong, I would have an "escape" plan of sorts set up. Of course, since it's only a weekend, I'm sure you'll be fine!

@DauntedPoet -- Some of us here met "traditionally"!! It's not exactly a death knell!

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Good for you! I've only known my SO for (nearly) two months as well, and if I could go meet her tomorrow, I would. As it stands, I've got to wait until December. But I'm damn well doing it. I know it might look odd to other people - "You've only known her two months and you're spending all that money and flying 5000 miles to see her?" - but when you have to, you have to. As it stands, by the time we meet it will have been four and a bit months, and I'm sure that still sounds like a short time to a lot of people. But to me it sounds like a very long time indeed.

So good on you, and here's to you having a wonderful time!

Comment

Yayyy, hope you have a great time!

Comment

Hey, if it's time to meet, it's time to meet. Have a great time, and enjoy meeting each other! There's so much to do in St. Louis, too. You guys shoudl go to the botanical gardens for a walk

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

That's very exciting! I'm sure it'll all go well, just be yourself and you'll do great

Let us all know how it went!

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post

@DauntedPoet -- Some of us here met "traditionally"!! It's not exactly a death knell!
                              Aahhhh, Yes that would make you all the entire 24% that's successful, I wondered where you all were! LOL

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                              And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Working...
                              X