HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!!!!

hi im new and i know i should prob go say hello in the new member's thread but im in desperate need for advice and so far LFAD hasn't let me down so i've been dating my SO for around 6 months and she's seen pixs of me before but she wanted to see me like now and i've put on some weight since then and so scared as hell about her reaction i sent one and she's seems totally fine with it but im just kinda scared that she'll leave me oh god about to cry lol cause im like no way a good looking chap so idk any advice tips anything would be greatly appectirated thanks

Calm down lol.. breathe.. just take a nice deep breath.. if you panic then something is bound to go wrong so just keep it cool.. personally I think you worry too much and if this someone is actually shallow enough to leave you over something as silly as appearances then she is just plain wrong for you.. if it's been 6 months than I'm sure shes not expecting to see the same you.. and lol like you said.. she seems fine with you.. just take it slow and dont play too much on it.. just move on ^^ gl
    Last edited by L3m0n4d3; October 13, 2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

First and foremost welcome to the forum!
      I think you need to relax and calm down. If you feel comfortable with your relationship, then you should feel comfortable with showing her how you look. Be confident with yourself

Comment

If she's reacting fine to the new pictures then she's fine with it. You don't need to worry about her leaving you over a bit of weight, we all gain and lose weight constantly in our lives and sometimes we're not as fit as we used to be. It's life and if she can't handle it now God help her when she gets older.

Comment

Don't worry! I mean it's normal to be stressed about meeting for the first time. But, as for the pictures, she has gotten to know you and likes you for who YOU are, not what your weight is. Like L3m0n4d3 said, if she is shallow enough to leave you over your appearances, then she was not the kind of person you'd want to be with anyway!

(ps. welcome to the forums!)

Comment

You said she was fine with the latest pic you sent so why wouldn't she be equally ok with any others?

I think you'll be fine
            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Calm down!

The greatest part in a LDR is that it's not about physical appearances...
              You almost always form a strong mental connection first and fall in love with that person because of who they are, not the way they look like.

And you said she's seen pics of you already and she's fine with it so you can stop worrying! If it bothers you that much then maybe try to lose some weight?

I'm sure you're just being a bit paranoid about this lol and you really have got nothing to worry about

Oh and welcome to LFAD!

Comment

you shouldn't be concerned about the way you look
                if she really likes you for you... which means you on the inside,she shouldn't be bothered by the weight

obviously you should have a physical attraction to someone as well, but i believe a lot of the physical attraction simply comes from the inside, someone will look more attractive to you if you really like their personality, traits, and etc
                <3
                sigpic

Comment

lol thanks everybody it reallly helped brighten up my day even though its raining outside seriously though GREATEST SITE ON THE WHOLE NET and i look forward to getting to know everyone

Comment

Good, you sound much more relaxed now

Welcome to the forum! As for the pics, love is about connecting with a person... and so a little bit of weight is not going to alter the emotional bond you two have. It doesn't change who you are or who she fell in love with. Be confident and comfortable with yourself- a BIG part of physical attraction comes from the inside and from what you present to the world, and not from whether or not you've gained a few pounds. If she's already seen a recent pic, and nothing has changed between you two, then it sounds like there's no need to worry... and besides, some girls prefer a little weight! And if you still want to put your mind at ease, why not just ask her directly? She may find it sweet that you are concerned about looking your best for her
                    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

I'm glad you're calming down. I'm going to add my voice here - when I met my SO, I had gained a LOT of weight due to a foot problem and depression. I constantly worried he'd not like the way i looked despite having pictures and Skyping.

If I might suggest - Skype and video chat with her sometime, that way she sees you and the way you act - and it might help you realize that she can see how you look and still finds you attractive.

I also want to suggest - look, if you're unhappy about how you feel, why don't you try working out or getting involved with something that works you out? It'll help increase your endorphins, energy, and you can lose weight. Plus it's a GREAT stress relief, and LDR's can be stressful as we all know. Looking good isn't about weight, it's about confidence, and working out, or some other activity, may also help with that.

Besides, she should love you no matter if you change weight, lose hair, etc... She's your sweetheart.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
                      X