Down and Alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down and Alone?

I tend to be an emotional person. If I get get mad, have a bad day, am stressed, I end up letting it build up untill I start crying. I got used to whenever I was upset for any reason, curling up into my Mic's arms and just letting him hold me and talk to me about it until I was ok. Now that he's gone, I'm more prone to emotional freak outs because I don't know how to handle it by myself. I end up sendin him text as I'm crying and can barely read what I'm writing, and he'll call and calm me down, but being held is the big one. I feel empty and miss him the most those days where I just need held.

For those of you who have lived with your SO and became dependent on them for certain things, how do you handle being alone in your moments of weakness? And what is it?
    "God I'm evil!" ~Me
    "Yes you are. Now shut up and kiss me." ~AJ

Everyday apart is one day closer to being together again.

When i start to feel emotional, i will try not to think the things that make me down..I will move my attention to other things. Make myself busy. Reading. Talk with friends (not about the thing that make me feel down, coz the more i talk/think the more i will feel down). I do sometimes cry it out on my own, and i will feel better after that. You can do it, control your mind..Be happy and smile.:-)

Comment

I usually am a really very happy and optimistic person. It's just that between my parents recent divorce, Mic leaving, me working a job I hate and getting ready to start school in the spring, I get stressed out a lot easier than usual.
      "God I'm evil!" ~Me
      "Yes you are. Now shut up and kiss me." ~AJ

Everyday apart is one day closer to being together again.

Comment

Maybe seek some form of counseling so you can learn coping skills? It might help. Can't really hurt to try.

I know I have broken down several times because I don't have my SO, but we've never lived together or met so I imagine it's not quite the same thing, not knowing exactly what you're missing.

Comment

What i usually do is start a small project for me and my so, someting like making a collage with pictures of our holidays so i can frame it later, or start planning to visit some new place next time we see each other, then you can check out accomodation and things to do outdoors, etc. Maybe also look for new activities in our cities, things we would like to do together. Those kind of things always cheer me up, and while im on it i try to keep a very possitive mind, think about all of you in a similar situation keepig it up, or how it is worth it spending time apart so in the end we can be together for the long run. Another thing that always makes me smile is this thought..and i know its silly! but thinking that 'at some point of our existence we are alreeady together holding hands' always makes me feel better

Comment

I find sitting in the corner on the floor in front of a heater is similar to a hug if you shut your eyes, but that's just me
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
            X