Support from BOTH Parents and Families!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support from BOTH Parents and Families!

I told my parents in July about my lovely bf Kieran and he told his family just recently and to both of our surprise both of our families are very supportive!
    It makes me giddy to know that we both have the support from our families because if makes it so much easier!
    Of coarse before we told our families we were both sweating bullets fearing what they would say would be negative, but boy were we wrong!
    "Forever and Always"
    sigpic

I am lucky to have the same kind of luck as you. My parents absolutely love my boyfriend and his parents love me

Comment

Congrats!! Same happened with me!!! Nolan and I told our parents about it when we first became 'official', and they didn't mind it at all. In fact, his parents love me and my parents are cool with it. Soo, everything has worked out amazingly !!!
      [CENTER]"To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

Comment

It's a really great thing to have their support! I got lucky too and we both fit right in with each others' families.

Comment

My family liked him(at first) now, my mom doesn't like him so much..but his family likes me, and I adore them!

Comment

My parents are supportive but his parents are a different story... His mom is uneasy of me for some reason and I dunno about his dad but yeah... My SO's mom is very unsupportive... She tries to get my SO interested in other girls. Which fortunately isn't working. She hates the fact that I'm not Catholic, older than him and a different race. :/ I'm only older than him by one year. I'm 18 and he's 17. I'm White but he's Mexican. (which i really dont see as a big deal ^^ I'm gonna shut up now before i turn this into a long rant. xD But anyways I'm glad your parents and your SO's parents are supportive ^^

First Met Online: May 08
            Became a Couple: 4.11.09
            First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
            Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
            Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Haha, my family HATES my SO. But that's just because I wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend until "after college" (strict Asian Catholic household) and I ended up with mine my sophomore year of high school. So essentially, they would have hated any boy I brought home that wasn't good looking and filthy rich.

His mom used to not have any faith in me. For 2+ years, she said that I was "too good for him" and because of that, I was only going to take advantage of him and move on when something better came. But I've really grown on her. ;}

Comment

My mom has a similar reaction, but she's use to me having online friends. She was just happy I didn't go lesbian after my last break up :P. I wonder how she'd feel about me being a gay son... >.>...<.<...>.>... Anyway, stepdad hated him and still does. He's just really passive aggressive about it. My mom left him recently though, so ha >:'D! Haven't seen my biological father since that one time in passing when I was 16 so his opinion isn't important. It's moo (damn you Friends reruns! D:<). Enrique's mom has no interest in meeting me, but he hasn't lived with her since he was 17 :P. The more important opinion is his grandma's, who wuvs me :'D! I adore her too, and her food @_@. His dad thinks I'm weird, but likes me :'D. I think he's a nutjob xD, but that's ok because he's been sober for a while now and he's fixing up his life :'D. He's also hilarious and cooks things my brother will actually eat o.o;...

Comment

I love you Darth_Taco xD rofl

Im glad your parents/families are supportive!!
                  My parents are slowly gettin there, at least accepting that I wont give up my SO just cause they want it/think its better lol
                  My gradparents think/say the same as my parents did "what the hell are you doin with a guy from america?? cant you find someoen closer?" uhm... nope ^__^
                  I have no idea what my brother thinks but I dont need his approval so IDC ^__^ Same for the rest of my family, the only once I kinda care about are my parents.

His parents yet again dont even know we're datin lol They hate me cause I could be a hooker/sexual predator (uhm yes definately lol)
                  Some of his cousins tho (guys) know about me My bf introduced me to his cousins at his oldest cousins wedding as his fiancee xD lol He just asked my bf if it was legal what we did (since I look younger than I am *ahem*) and then said that he doesnt care if it makes Chris happy he's all cool with it haha
                  And my SOs friends love me One of his best friends said that Im good for Chris cause Im fun and all that jazz and the other one calls me his sister already xD

sorry for the rant haha

But Im glad your families are supportive! maybe you can make some foundation to gain money haha

Comment

Support is such a relief, isn't it? My mom just met my boyfriend last weekend, and it went well, so our circle of life is complete. My mom just wants me happy, so she's ok with us, and she likes my boyfriend, which is a huge relief off of my chest. His mum met me in May and loves me - I'm apparently the daughter she never had. XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I am so glad you guys have great support!! As a Mom I would definitely support my kids....no matter what...
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

It's always great to have support from both families! My family, except my homophobic aunt and uncle, already love my SO even though they never met her. Yet! My SO's family... well, I hope that I made a good impression when I visited for the first time. But I think that I did. My girlfriend's mom already said that she really misses seeing me around the house.

Comment

aww i'm so happy for you thats such a great feeling! eric and i are in the same position as well, both families are supportive, and we all get along! family is a huuuge thing for eric and i, so we're so lucky that everything worked out, i'm so lucky
                          <3
                          sigpic

Comment

Aww so glad to hear about all the supportiveness!

His family is very supportive and I seem to have made a good impression on them!

My family dont have any problem with the LD...for the most part. I think they are sad to think about me possibly moving, and I think they might be wondering if this is actually going to last, although I think that may be more my aunt and Nan. My sister and mum are both pretty cool with it. Last time I went to the airport it seemed to sink in with my mum "so this is going to be it now isnt it...back and forth to the airport every few months?" Bless her for understanding.

I cant wait for him to meet them. I know they're going to fall in love with him as much as me! ...although hopefully not in the same way! I did say he was good with women! Lol
                            Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSolitary View Post
                              My parents are supportive but his parents are a different story... His mom is uneasy of me for some reason and I dunno about his dad but yeah... My SO's mom is very unsupportive... She tries to get my SO interested in other girls. Which fortunately isn't working. She hates the fact that I'm not Catholic, older than him and a different race. :/ I'm only older than him by one year. I'm 18 and he's 17. I'm White but he's Mexican. (which i really dont see as a big deal ^^ I'm gonna shut up now before i turn this into a long rant. xD But anyways I'm glad your parents and your SO's parents are supportive ^^

have you tried to show some interested in the Catholic faith? it might help to show some interesest and willingness to understand his faith. I am not saying of course to go ahead and join Catholicism but my advice to you is to show interest, cause I am sure it would be a discussion point later on... especially if you plan to stay longer together.

Comment

Working...
                              X