No money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No money

As the days get closer to our goal to CTD in January reality of not making this goal is setting in. I think my SO knows this but I refuse to give up but don't know how I can do it. I Don't make alot of money so I have only been able to save around 550.00 so far and he has 300.00 so he says. We have a joint savings account and he hasn't put any money in there and now it's to the point where I am nagging him about it. He keeps saying he is trying to pay some bills off so we can start fresh but I know everytime he runs to the store and he is buying something he doesn't need. So we have 850.00 total and 2 more months to save plus I will be selling alot of my stuff before I move for a little extra cash. Yesturday I was looking into the cost of just making the move this does not include rent or deposits. The u-haul is 1,200.00 one way 500.00 gas 4 one-way plane tickets 500.00 and 500.00 for the driver. 2700.00 total with no surprises !!!! For that much I could go out and just buy new furniture. I just don't know how I can get this done . If anyone knows of a cheaper way to do this I am all ears. Is anyone else dealing with ctd funds.

The Uhaul is 1200??!!! I am assuming you aren't taking a car with you.....I looked up to see you have three kids...Was trying to see if you could drive the uhaul with the kids to save that 2000 in flight costs. Wouldn't renting a car to do the drive be cheaper? Yes longer...but a heck of a lot cheaper.

I am sorry things seem so hopeless right now....I know the feeling...hang in there and keep venting here....we all will listen!
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I'm sorry you have to stress about this so much...

I don't really have much great advice on how to save... I'm horrible at saving myself - although that's cause I have so little money and so many bills

but here's a few ideas:

Could you perhaps lend some money from your parents/friends/relative and pay back once you've moved and settled in?
      Or from the bank? That way you'd also have some extra cash to cover up for any possible unpleasant surprises and you can agree with the bank that you'll only pay interest for the first few months/years.

Sell everything you can! Kid's clothes, furniture, your car (unless you'll be needing it when you move), anything that's in good shape and usable.

Can you work extra shifts for this next 2 months? I know you have 3 kids but could someone look after them while you do this? It would only be until January and that way you could put aside all the extra money you make.

Are you a crafty person? You could sell some artwork/clothes/ornaments etc you've made yourself - my mum is awesome at crocheting and she's made angels, hats, curtains, blankets, cell phone carriers etc for sale. People like those kinds of unique, hand-made things.

That's all I can think of right now, I hope it helps even a little!

Comment

Ok so Even in the little time since I posted this I decided I am not going to let this stop me from getting down there in January. I will work around the clock if I have to, whatever it takes !!! I went on craigslist and there was a posting for a babysitter so I thought I would apply, while I was on there I posted photography services and I figured I would throw somestuff that I won't be lugging with me to Florida on Ebay. Oh by the way lots of you are planning on getting married, I love destination weddings lol. * hint hint* I come cheap !!! Anyway I hope this will all payoff...

Comment

Happy to hear you feel this way so soon! It's going to be hard work but I'm sure you can do this, just don't give up and don't let the struggle to close the distance get you too down - you will get there in the end and you'll be happy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X