Didn't know a better place to post this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't know a better place to post this

Has everyone hear of google voice? It is a new phone service that offers phone calls and texting from your computer and phone for pretty cheap if not free. My boyfriend uses it in Germany all the time. It works even better if one has an iPhone iPod or Ipad because you can use google mobile wirelessly and make phone calls for free internationally! I feel like a sales person but when I get really sad at times google voice allows me to contact my boyfriend right away. You can even have voice mails saved to your computer so you can hear your voice my boyfriend even set up a personal greeting for his voicemail box for me that no one else can hear.

If you have questions feel free to ask. It's a little hard to figure out at first and it shows all the rates that each country will cost to call using google voice (most are around 17cents a minute) and with wireless connection it's free.

Just an idea

Hmmmm, I recommeded this (or at least I think it was this - through Gmail right?) to a friend who wanted to use it from the UK to the USA but he said it only worked for free within the USA, and maybe Canada... not 100% sure though...

I remember reading it was free until the end of 2010... is that right?
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Well this sounds interesting. I may have to look in to this one x)

Thanks for sharing

Comment

It's free if both people use a wireless connection with American phone numbers. It's important to rermembe being on a wireless network because then it doesn't charge you =)

Comment

Its FREE..I am from Malaysia and i call my SO for free. He is at the USA. But he got charge like a little cent for receiving the calls tho (but i think most of usa number they will got charge or their mins got deducted if receive call/text from number that is not same with their network).. When i call him using the google voice, he will see a USA number is calling him. Means i get a unique USA number for my gmail account.

But we rarely use it coz i can call him for cheap using my cellphone too..it is only 18cents (MYR - Malaysian ringgit) per mins. and he can call me for cheap too coz he add international call plan to his cell phone..

Comment

https://lifehacker.com/5349506/make-...m-google-voice

Here you go and the iPhone apps I use are*Bria for iPhone and GV Mobile+. Bria lets you use your sipgate account on your iPhone over 3G and WiFi.

Comment

Working...
            X