Ways your SO has changed you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways your SO has changed you

I'm not sure if I've made this sort of thread but I did have a look and couldn't find anything...

Anyway, how has your SO changed you? Picked up any habits? Have they put a stop to some of your habits? Changed your personality much? Do you speak more like them? Use phrases they use?

Plenty to think about
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Hmmm...well he made me look at life a little positively. He changed the way I think about life quite radically. I have picked up some of his phrases too , for example the abbriviation of "something" is "sth"

Comment

me and Denise both have changed so much, we are not the same people we were last year. For instance i never felt whole or complete before i started talking to her now i feel always on top of the world and feel very loved in a way that ive never felt before, Denise litterly had no light in her eyes when i first started talking to her now she glows and is more healthy then she was a year ago. were better at communicating then we were a year ago although sometimes we still try to hide whats bugging us but we dont let each other get away with it. were both more trusting of each other both of us have trust issues but even when they pop up now it only lasts for a second, its just so many things we have both changed alot since last year! and heh sometimes i will talk in a scottish accent without meaning to, or she'll go all american which is funny and cute

Comment

My SO helped me to overcome my insecurity in relationship (impact from my previous relationship), he also changed me to be more open about my feelings and thoughts. So its more to personality than habits.

I do speak more like him and he does too..he always said holy sheeitt..and now i always said that.haha.and i spelled "damn" as "dman"..i intentionally spell like that tho..:-P coz i feels its not nice to say damn..haha but i do say it..so i change the spelling..

Comment

He has made me more positive in my attitude (even though he claims that I made him more positive!) He makes me motivated to go out and do things! I have picked up on some of the things he says and a bit of his accent (he speaks English with an Atlanta accent). He has helped me become more comfortable with who I am, especially with my body.
          And last but not least, my faith in God has been greatly strengthened by having my SO in my life.

Comment

I have changed a lot since meeting him.
            - I used to be a lot more quiet and shy, I've come out of my shell quite a bit and talk a lot more.
            - I'm a lot tidier, not like I was a slob before, but instead of clearing my stuff up later in the day, I do it now.
            - I feel motivated to do things- before, I wasn't really doing much with my life, didn't have a plan after college, but now, I have goals and I'm enjoying working hard to reach them,
            - I'm a lot happier in general, even when he's not around.
            - Oh and having someone to mentally stimulate me is great, we have debates on a near daily basis (well not really debates, we agree on most things but still ), so I'm getting better at arguing my points and getting them across effectively- I get less tongue tied now, which will help when it comes to talking to my professors and future employers about my work.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have learned to talk about my feelings more openly. Also I speak English more fluently now and use more British words than words that are used in the US.

And I'm happier now!
              How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard!

Comment

He's changed the way I approach work. I actually have a work ethic now ^^
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I think I've become a lil more grown up, more serious. Thanks to him I'm a lot more confident, not just bout looks or my personally but also bout my English skills as an example.
                  I also think that I've become happier thanks to him. More opened up towards other people.
                  When it comes to habbits idk really O_o

Comment

Let's see here...

-My self esteem. I've never been able to look at myself and think "hey I look good" until he started trying to convince me I was indeed pretty. He encouraged me to not give in to the brainwashing my dad did on me.

-Cutting. I used to be addicted to it when I would get extremely upset. He found out about it one night after I did it and made me swear not to again on the grounds if I went to, to think of him doing the same thing. It's never even crossed my mind anymore to hurt myself.

-Taking better care of myself. Since we began dating I've lost 50+lbs and am looking to lose more. I've dropped a shirt size and am near dropping a pants size too. I want to look my best for him and not be a slob.

-Better cleanliness regimen. I bathe twice a day, wash my face and arms three times a day (I have a bit of body acne + what they call 'chicken skin' on my arms) and brush my teeth every day now instead of every other day. It's not like I was smelly before, but I just upped the ante.

-Getting a job. Never wanted one, I hate people, but he's helped me grow up a bit and so I'm jumping into the workforce with both feet. If people would hire me.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Comment

I picked a lot of his ways, for instance im a little bit more organized (if theres any dutch people here i bet they know what i mean!) i find myself making lists every now and then, something ive never done before! and i have to say it is very useful
                      My boyfriend is a bit messy too..and i used to be a perfectionist when it came to cleaning and detail, so now im trying to not obsess so much over a messy appartment.
                      And im planning ahead! before i met him i didnt even feel like planning my future much, now i have huuundreds of plans and things i wanna accomplish for me and for us, its fun I apreciate a lot of things he thaught me.
                      Oh and the most important thing, the one that was the hardest for me to get used to, is having dinner waay earlier when he is here..i cant make it at 6pm yet..but we settled on 8pm

Comment

For the better.

Comment

Self-esteem - he's made me appreciate me more and to trust in myself, I'm much more confident now even though no-one knows this since I've always been the center of attention with my friends but I feel like I've always just played a certain role with them... Now I'm more happy just being myself and I don't try to please everyone... I'm still a joker though and I enjoy making people laugh

Patience - tbh I think this is something everyone in a LDR has to learn but with me it's been extra hard since I'm a VERY impatient and spontaneous person, I want everything NOW!

Fluent English - I've always been good at it but speaking to him has made me super good and confident to do it lol, I also sound a lot less American (my mum and friends always say I sound very British ) and I've started to use lots of British words and sayings, like "bloody hell", "innit", "mate" and so on

Rationality - like I said, I'm spontaneous but he's made me think about things instead of just going ahead with them... I try to remind myself to calm down and think twice now before rushing into things. But it is in my nature to get carried away and excited super easily!

Comment

Hmm, wow. I don't know where to start. He has made me a lot more patient and I've learned to appreciate the small stuff. Basically both him and I have helped each other grow

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                              I also sound a lot less American (my mum and friends always say I sound very British ) and I've started to use lots of British words and sayings, like "bloody hell", "innit", "mate" and so on

Same with Elina Some of the words she says.. like I do.. it's cute "butter" like well.. er.. "bu-ur" haha
                              It's funny

Comment

Working...
                              X