No announcement yet.

"Can They Last?" -- blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread as been a great read, and makes me feel closer to you all, in all your different places in life.

The pressures appear to be different for different stages of life. Yet we are all still the same in our faith, patience, love and understanding.

and Moon.... You saying your Immature??? LOL

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post

and Moon.... You saying your Immature??? LOL
      Hee hee, I try my hardest, but it only works most of the time!
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

thats a very good blog! And yeah i agree with all those things, if you dont have any of the things that was listed in that blog then your relationship is defiantly doomed to fail. especially the moving to be with one another under one roof, i know Denise wants to move to the the US at some point but that will sadly have to wait a few years, so im planning on moving with her to the UK and to me right now the UK is home to me because shes there, i wouldnt move there otherwise but its the only option for us at the moment and defiantly alot people should look into, if your partner cant go where you are at that exact moment then improvise and move with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
          great article! I like the way she writes...
          I do too, sometimes. Sometimes I feel like she can be very "this is what's right and if you think differently, you're wrong."

But as I said, the help columns always devolve into "why won't he marry meeee we've been together 10 years and I work, cook, clean, pay bills etc etc etc and do everything for him so he can sit on his @$$ all day and that makes him happy so why won't he marry meeeee?". So I try to not go there too often. Once every couple of weeks or so.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
            I often fear that this will not work out, Andy won't move here or he'll dump me for someone younger.... And then what? I don't know what I'd do tbh... I feel like this is my last chance to have a proper relationship, to have more kids before I'm too old, to get married, to live happily with someone. I wouldn't want to start all over again, it'd be too much. I wanna settle down for good. Lucky for me I'm quite sure that's exactly what's going to happen

Or else I'm screwed :/

It is going to happen

I aint letting you go

You're mine, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL mine

Stop with the too old bullshit though! I mean for Christ sake, you're in your mid-20s! :/

Seriously :/
            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              It is going to happen

I aint letting you go

You're mine, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL mine

Stop with the too old bullshit though! I mean for Christ sake, you're in your mid-20s! :/

Seriously :/

i think your stuck with him Tanja whether you like it or not heh :P

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Andy, don't you know that after 25, you are practically mummified?

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                  i think your stuck with him Tanja whether you like it or not heh :P

Damn right

Originally posted by squiddie View Post

I'm beginning to believe that I've heard it so often from her
                  In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                  Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                  Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                  My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                    ahhh crap im 26 in a few weeks.....im screwed lol

Comment

I've always been known as an old soul. I may be 22 in years but I'm far more mature than most my own age. While people my own age go to the bars and party, I prefer to stay in, catch something on television, read a book. We are both over that stage of partying and hook-ups (technically I was never into it, my SO was my first real relationship) and we are ready to settle down. Neither of us wants to ruin what we have by doing something stupid. I think that it's easiest to make it work when you are very mature. I don't think age is really the issue.

Comment

I feel like this is the perfect time in my life to have an LDR, if I have to have one. Although I'm almost finished with college, I don't feel like I "wasted my time" by dating the same person throughout - I think I avoided a lot of misguided, drunken hookups and whatnot even though yes, I could have found another nice guy. My mom tried to tell me at first that I should break up with Patrick before I started college but I feel like this relationship is an opportunity. It's a piece of stability in my very tumultuous world (finishing my bachelor's, graduating early, internships, the GRE...) If I was older and had kids and a career, it might be more difficult, but when I choose my career in a year I can also choose to change the distance between me and Patrick, whereas someone older might not have that choice.

Comment

Working...
                        X