Pet Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Names

Hey there, I was talking to my SO about pet names and I started wondering about everyones else's names for each other, so here are a few questions for you:

Does anyone have any cute pet names for their SO?

Does you SO have any pet names for you?

Any funny or cute stories behind the names?

For me, I call Brandon a ton of cliche things, from baby to sweetie to everything in between. But I also like to call him Chimchar or Chimmychar, and he calls me Skitty, both Pokemon, since we're both obsessed with it. I also recently started calling him Mr Hobbs because well, Hobbs is an awesome last name. He's a little more creative when it comes to names, coming up with such things as babycakes, kissyface, and honey bunches of oats (shortened to honey bunches) XD He's a real artist with names huh? I think it's adorable.

What about you guys?

We mainly just call each other boyfriend or girlfriend. we call each other baby and lover too.

then he calls me T-rex to annoy me. that happened when we were play-fighting on the couch and he grabbed my elbows, apparently I looked like a dinosaur =/

I have plenty to annoy him too though, like cuddlebutt lol and I've started calling him Princess Timothy. No reason, It just think it has a nice ring to it

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah.. we use the basic ones loaaaads (honey, love, sweetie, darling etc) but then there's names like honey bunny, silly billy (no idea where that came from, I guess Sam came up with it one time x) now we say "you're a silly billy " all the time haha, I love it), cutie pie, sugar muffin and so on I call him handsome and he calls me angel, princess, gorgeous, sexy, beautiful and other cute things.. sometimes he calls me his wife/Mrs. Brown.. looooooove when he does that ♥

Comment

Aw. We have "every day" sweet words for each other. Mainly baby, and he calls me babe.

He was the first one to get a nickname - Snowflake. On the forum we met on we were all talking about what to call him "Codaniel" "Cody" etc. And he said "Call me whatever you want I guess...as long as I know your talking to me. It wouldnt make sense to start calling me Snowflake or something" I loved it because it seemed like such an unlikely name for him! (Although now we agree it fits him perfectly because hes so unique

Then he came up with Sunshine for me which I love. I'm also his "lil popinjay" which is a lil bird thing. No real in depth reason, its goofy and cute and we love it!
        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Hattie, Hatman (kinda like Batman), kitten. I also call him "the crazy man on the internet" but I'm not sure that's cute.

Bun-bun, banni, Lolita, baby, and a few other variations on 'bunny' I can't remember at the moment.

He calls me Lolita because he swears up and down I look 16, plus there's a near 7 year age gap between us. I call him Humbert in turn which always makes him mad because he hates being called old. The bunny nicknames are because my main nickname is, well, The March Hare. The man's obsessed.

Comment

We call each other Cuddle buddys and we say it in cute little voices. It makes me smile every time.

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
            Started Dating: 10.17.08
            Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
            First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

Comment

The usual suspects (babe, sweetheart, pumpkin, baby) + I call him monkey and he calls me his African light

Comment

My nickname for him is the Russian diminutive of his middle name (he goes by his middle name as opposed to his first name). The way diminutives work in Russian depend on the age of the named person as well as the feeling expressed (love, annoyance, etc), and I vary between the child/same age as speaker familiar and the baby name. Depends on my mood.

He calls me by my name with an "F" sound where I have a "TH", and he also calls me Bacon.

His name resulted from the fact that I was taking Russian the semester we started dating, and I would often practice speaking with him, even though he didn't understand a word I was saying. I just needed to practice speaking.

I don't remember how my lisp nickname started, but the Bacon nickname developed as a result of my initials, which he realized were close to that of a sandwich...

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                  He calls me Lolita because he swears up and down I look 16, plus there's a near 7 year age gap between us. I call him Humbert in turn which always makes him mad because he hates being called old. The bunny nicknames are because my main nickname is, well, The March Hare. The man's obsessed.
                  Humbert Humbert was one sketchy dude, but Lolita is still one of my favorite books despite him. Or maybe because of him...he rationalized his sketchiness well.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Does anyone have any cute pet names for their SO? Sweet angel, playboy bunny, baby. i dont have too many for her need to think of more at some point

Does you SO have any pet names for you? dork, shorty, babygirl

Any funny or cute stories behind the names? cute story behind sweet angel is well she came into my life when it was pure hell so i call her my sweet angel because she rescued me from that, playboy bunny lol is recent because i find her really sexy and gorgous and the other day she was wearing a very short playboy shirt ehem. She calls me dork because if i say something silly or cute she'll always call me that and i like it

Comment

i get called babycakes

Comment

I'm his caterpillar. He's my cave-bat. Spending nights in a chilly tent does odd things to the mind

I've never been one for cutesy-nicknames... or if I use them they're usually intended to be teasing rather than affectionate!
                        Though lately we have started to address one another as simply 'husband' and 'wife'... a few months premature, but no complaints here
                        We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

He calls me way more pet names than I call him. His main one for me is Half-Pint because I am about a foot shorter than him. He even addresses letters to me as that. He also calls me the typical babe, baby, pumpkin, etc. The only name that I can't stand that he calls me sometimes is kiddo.

The only one I really call him is Arm Candy because when we first started dating he apologized for what he was wearing and I said that he'd always be my Arm Candy no matter what. It has stuck but I only use it every once in a while. I also call him Mr. Dreamy sometimes, but I am honestly not really into pet names.

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                            Humbert Humbert was one sketchy dude, but Lolita is still one of my favorite books despite him. Or maybe because of him...he rationalized his sketchiness well.
                            I could argue Dolores was more sketchy, but that'd derail the thread. XD The one thing he does hate is being reminded Humbert married Dolores' mom to get to her. He always screams he'd never marry my mom no matter how much he loves me. I find it hilarious.

Comment

Besides the usuals like Babe, I call him Dork and he calls me Angel. We also use Hubby & Wifey if we are feeling mushy. I wish we had more cute creative ones after reading this haha. Angel is the only name with a story. My middle name translates to "little winged one" and he thinks I'm his own personal angel

Comment

Working...
                              X