No goodnight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No goodnight?

I have been having these issues. My boyfriend usually says goodnight to me every night before he goes to bed. Now that he is in Germany when he goes out drinking he forgets. I don't know why he does I stress how much it means to me but I can't seem to get over him not saying goodnight. It's three am there and it's killing me not to hear goodnight.

I know how you feel. Its like you get so used to it and it means so much to you and when they tell you all the time and one night they dont it just kills you!

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
    Started Dating: 10.17.08
    Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
    First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

Comment

If he's drinking that much I'd be more concerned about that.

That aside, don't sweat the small stuff like that. It's one lego brick in the entire project and it's not the one that topples the castle when removed. I know you're used to it, but it's not the end of the world or your relationship now that it's not occurring often or at all.

Comment

I feel the same way, I know I shouldn't be this way but I can't help it. I have panic attacks in the mornings if I don't get a text saying (good morning) and if he doesn't say goodnight I love you, I freak out. The way I look at it is if I can't be with him the least he can do is take a few mins. to tell me those things. It's not asking for much and it makes me happy. I would talk to him about it the next time you speak to him and let him know how much it upsets you.

Comment

My SO is like that. Needs to say goodnight to me before he can go to bed. I love it.
          I know what you mean though...if they don't show up to say goodnight or whatever, even if its just a text or a quicky message...I sometimes think something's wrong or something happened, because I expect it, and I'm used to it. And I start worrying. Then I feel overly worried..and when he tells me the reason why he wasn't on or didn't message me, I feel like an idiot, haha.
          Maybe your boyfriend is just too tired and he forgets or he passes out before he can reach an electronic device. The next time you talk to him, just casually mention that you've noticed that he hasn't been saying goodnight to you right before he goes to bed and that you were just a little surprised by this and are wondering what's up.
          There's a subtle way to everything

Comment

Depending on how much he drinks, he's probably too drunk to remember how to text probably. Hell, he might not even remember he has a phone. Too bad he doesn't get stoned too or he'd probably try to at least send a note through carrier pigeon. Though it's probably better to receive "gnd mht" than nothing. The best thing you can do is just talk to him and ask him that if he's coherent enough to send you a text telling you he got back home safe. Don't forget, Europe tends to be much more lax about alcohol than we are in the US. He's probably still a little overwhelmed and adjusting to how much is too much. He does need to get a hold of himself before he ends up in jail for kidnapping a mailbox or something equally stupid in a drunken stupor.

Comment

saying goodnight at the proper time is important to Denise and me as well we tend to freak out a bit if we dont get to because its a part of our daily ritual!

Comment

TELL me about it!
                Since the beginning we agreed on a text every night.. and I was glad cause that way I could make sure that he hadn't been eaten by lions during the day
                But the other night I didn't receive my usual text back from him and when I still hadn't heard anything the next morning, I got kinda paranoid.. I was SURE something awful had happened.
                In the end it turned out to be a connection failure - cause my phone had lost service during the night... but still, it's insane how a little thing like that can mean so much

I'm not the only one, though.
                My BF went to bed and texted me quite early last night, but I was visiting family and I didn't notice it for about 2 hours..
                During that time he'd received a call on his phone from skype and of course assumed it was me - but all he'd heard was a harsh man's voice on the line mumbling something and hanging up..

So that - INCLUDING the fact that I hadn't answered for a few hours - made my BF so worked up that he came up with this really paranoid, yet for him completely believable, theory that someone had broken into my house, taken me hostage right as I was about to skype him - and that the intruder then had decided to go through with the call, simply to taunt him

makes sense, right?
                Weirdo
                ..but he's MY weirdo ♥♥

Comment

yeah not doing something that you do every night, especially something like saying goodnight can really bother you, have you tried talking to him about it? not in a cornering way but just talk to him telling him that it kind of bothers you
                  <3
                  sigpic

Comment

Welp I pissed him off and he blocked my number from his phone he is six hours ahead and I have no idea how to get ahold of him. I just was worried and he said it was obnoxious. Great. I ruined it

Comment

Sorry that you pissed him off. Hopefully he will unblock his number soon and you can talk it out.

My boyfriend sometimes says goodnight and sometimes doesn't. I sometimes say goodnight but sometimes don't. Sometimes the sole reason is we think it's too late and we don't want to wake each other up. Maybe that's why your boyfriend didn't text you... he could have lost track of time and then figured he didn't want to wake you.

Comment

Working...
                      X