Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was it like when you and your SO first met?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was it like when you and your SO first met?

I ask because there is a HIGH possiblility (Like, over 80%!) That I'll finally be able to meet my SO next summer on my big trip around Europe! D

Even though it's not for...9 more months, it makes me both excited yet also a little anxious :X I've already concluded it would be somewhat awkward, but I'm not quite sure

So tell me, what was it like?
    Me: I hope that pizza gets here soon. My stomach is growling.
    Growling at you.
    Grrr.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* ^=^

Me: *stomach growls*
    I don't think it likes you very much.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* Hehe

Me: You're provoking it as it growls more. I think it'll like you more if you give it pizza.

One word: Awkward haha
    I don't know why but the first day he got here it was awkward but the very next day the awkwardness flew out the window and we were cuddling, kissing, holding hands, and etc as if we were a regular close distance couple (or however you want to phrase it). It was a very pleasant first visit that i hope i shall never forget :]

Comment

yes! very awkward! and surreal! you just keep looking at them thinking "OMGOSH HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!" but its soooo happy! you cant stop smiling that first day and your hands are glued together. its like you have to keep touching to believe that they're actually with you.

Comment

Amazing.
        We met on January 23rd this year. She came over to visit for 5 weeks. We were both worried about what it would be like in person, what if we didn't click etc etc. When she came though the arrival gates at the airport I was so incredibly nervous. I couldn't even walk over to hug her until she saw me and beckoned me over and pulled me into a hug. We were terribly shy that first day, didn't talk much in the beginning, just sat there shy on the drive back home. But that night we talked a bit, and then when we hopped in bed for the night and started to cuddle it just felt so right and from then on everything was perfect. It just took a little bit of getting used to the fact that she was actually there, physically there with me. Our time together was amazing, special, beautiful. The best 5 weeks of my life so far <3

Comment

Of course it's awkward at first and then it's amazing!!! The first few moments are somewhat awkward because you're just stunned and don't know what to do, but it will turn into amazement very shortly!

Comment

Ahh, I'm in the same situation (only it's gone down to 2 MONTHS LEFT!!!!!). I really think it's going to be awkward at first. Even more so, since his parents will be there to pick me up as well. But I just keep thinking about how much I want to meet him, and I don't care if it's awkward ^^

We have a lot of stuff planned as well.. and I'm hoping it goes really well, and that things turn out amazingly. haha ahhh, so excited!! I hope your trip goes well!!! It's an amazing feeling, knowing you're finally going to meet your SO, isn't it?
            [CENTER]"To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

Comment

It was weird at first, but that went away after like half an hour XP. I'm use to awkward :P. Anyway, from the first day I was able to get use to cuddling him and kissing him. Within 4 hours we were feeding each other pineapple :'D. We also did some stuff I can't mention here since it's not the adult section >.>...<.<...>.>... We're whores though :P.

Comment

It wasn't so much awkward for us, just surreal. That did pass quickly though. It was wonderful!

Comment

There was a thread like this made just a few days ago - https://members.lovingfromadistance....the-first-time

There might be a few things in there you'll find useful
                  In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                  Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                  Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                  My dog Sam ♥

Comment

When we first met we were all shy. It was a little awkward as neither of us really knew what to say, we were too shocked sort of that it was finally happening. In the car on the way to his house we were pretty quiet too, we just kept looking at each other and blushing and i took his hand and he blushed some more. Once we got to his house and had dinner and went to his room on our own and were just chatting we started to get over our shyness. The rest of the visit we were completely fine and all shyness had gone. It's just the first day where it's all awkward and surreal because you can barely believe it's all happening.

Comment

defiantly awkward lol i couldnt even look her in the eye until the next day, the awkwardness goes away after a day

Comment

Surreal...I agree with a couple of people that said that.

Unbelievably surreal.
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Surreal

We had discussed it extensively before I got there. We agreed that I'd be calling the shots for most things and if we were to nervous to speak that would be ok. Every possible outcome of those first 24 hours we discussed, so we were both prepared. We knew what each other was thinking.
                          But it turned out to be this calm kind of amazement, like a relief... there was a sense of "finally"... we could tell we were nervous, and I was groggy from the flight, and our voices sound slightly different from over skype, so for me that was a bit weird because he didn't look exactly how I'd imagined either. There was a fascination, almost like it wasn't real. I kept looking at the mountain off in the distance to reassure myself that I really had finally done it.

It's a day I'll look back on with pleasure for the rest of my life. I hope your first meet turns out to be the same for you.
                          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            There was a thread like this made just a few days ago - https://members.lovingfromadistance....the-first-time

There might be a few things in there you'll find useful
                            Ahhh I didn't see that >.< Thanx though!
                            Me: I hope that pizza gets here soon. My stomach is growling.
                            Growling at you.
                            Grrr.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* ^=^

Me: *stomach growls*
                            I don't think it likes you very much.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* Hehe

Me: You're provoking it as it growls more. I think it'll like you more if you give it pizza.

Comment

There was little to no awkwardness for us. It was just like we'd picked up a 3D video call. I didn't know what would be appropriate to greet, though, so I just hugged him. He asked me to hold his hand as we walked and then asked me to kiss him. It was both of our first kisses ever and it was beautiful, if quick. It's only awkward if you make it that way, I think. Be confident- you love them for a reason, and they love you back too. You can do no wrong.

I relive this experience every day in my head. Best day of my life, even despite the fact that that we got lost trying to get back from the airport via bus and sat in the bus lane for HOURS. XD

Comment

Working...
                              X