i mildly cheated. what do i do?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrownGummyBear View Post
    tell your SO about it, if he manages to forgive you then good for you.. if not then let him go and let him choose what he deserves.
    Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but the phrase "let him choose what he deserves" seems very harsh in this situation. Maybe you wanna clarify?

Comment

Tell them as soon as possible once you feel the time is right. Also I would try to make sure that before you actually tell him, make sure that everything is calm on his side. If I was him, I personally would be extremely disappointed. And it would probably end, but that's just me. The truth and being honest with each other is always the best thing in an LDR.
      Next time, really think about what is going on around you and what you want.
      Ask yourself:
      -I mean, why were you even flirting with this other guy in the first place?
      -And why did you let him(unless you initiated it)make out with you?
      -Did you let yourself?

The communication between each other is most definitely important. I know he is probably going to wonder about it. Id be so damn bummed. But if he is willing to understand, then he may. But do it ASAP because it really will look worse.

Hope everything goes well.

Comment

just be honest
        My <3 is in Connecticut

Comment

I agree with everyone here. You have to tell him. I think sooner is better than later. In all reality, there is a chance that it might not go well at first. I think it's best to tell him before he goes to visit you so that your time in person isn't spent dealing with this issue. I think it is better to tell him early on so you guys can start the healing process before he arrives. That way you guys can still spend good quality time together.

As some others have suggested, tell him over Skype. I understand the desire to tell someone something face to face. I know that a lot of a person's reaction is visual instead of verbal. But I think that telling him over Skype for the sake of having a better time together in person outweighs telling him in person.

Comment

thank you all for your help and advice. i called him today and it was very difficult, but i did it. i told him the truth and i told him how i felt and how much i regretted it. we talked for a long time, working through several things. he did forgive me, and his overall reaction just made me fall in love with him more. we will get through it and be stronger on the other side. you all helped me so much!

Comment

I am glad you came back and updated and things are working out for you!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I'm glad to hear it all went well! Just communicate from now on about everything to avoid this ever happening again. I hope you guys get to work through it. Now your time together (in person) can be enjoyable! Thanks for updating us!

Comment

Very glad to hear it all worked out.

Comment

Just be upfront. Honesty is always the best policy!

Comment

Working...
                    X