taking care of your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking care of your SO?

so i'm driving down the street pondering closing the distance with my SO as i often do. and it hits me. i could take care of him...i have my own place and a job that could provide for us both comfortably. he would look for a job of course but in the meantime it wouldn't be a hardship.

but i dont want to live togther before we are married. basically we are not ready yet.

but its funny id never thought about it before. anyone else in a simular situation?

I tried that back when I had a huge amount of money saved up. I had the means to get us an apartment, possibly a down payment on a used car, and help with bills until he got a job but he wasn't willing to move (whole macho 'I can do this myself' thing) and I think it was for the best in the end. The money went quick with my own bills and medical expenses, plus I'm not sure him living where my (racist) family is, is a good idea. But yeah, you're not alone on that.

Comment

I don't have the means to take care of him at all. On the other hand, he has the means to take care of me. He wants my daughters and I to move there this summer, and he will take care of everything while I look for a job. I kind of feel bad doing that and would rather have a job secured before moving there. He thinks it would be easier for me to find a job when I am actually there, and he is correct. I figure as long as it is temporary that I could deal with it without feeling guilty.

I can see how it would be very tempting if someone had the funds to tell their SO to come live with them. That's their business, though... not mine! Whatever works for your relationship. It's your money and your life, I say.

Comment

Working...
      X