Death in SO's family :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death in SO's family :(

This morning, my SO's grandfather died. I really really want to be there for him, especially since my own grandfather passed almost a year ago, so I'm quite familiar with the feeling. I just remember feeling so helpless and angry. I'm betting that he probably feels the same way, I just don't really know how to exactly "be there for him" when I'm miles away.

What are some things I could do?
    I miss you
    courtney+patrick

I'm so sorry to hear that! All I can think of is to show him that you care and that you are always willing to listen if he wants to talk about it. I wish you both all the strength!
    How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard!

Comment

So sorry to hear this I wish I had great advice but I'll just echo blackcherry, just be there as someone he can talk to. You could also find out if sending flowers or a donation somewhere is appropriate. His family might appreciate that.

Comment

Do your best to be there for him and land him a shoulder to cry on. You can always send a sympathy card to him and his family if you would like.

Comment

That happened to my SO this summer... I felt so sad for him but they did a sort of memorial for his grandpa while I was there so I was there for him....
          I'm sorry that happened to your SO and you can't be there, I'm sure you are doing the best you can even not being with him
          Sorry about his lost and your lost also...
          Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

I'm so sorry this has happened. My SO went through something similar a few years back, I felt so bad not being there.
            But he knew I was there in my own way, and if he ever wanted to talk, he knew I was on the other end of the phone.
            Maybe send a sympathy card?
            [CENTER]

Comment

My heart goes out to your SO! I'm so sorry for his loss, and I'm sorry you can't be there for him.

Send a card or a letter. If you have the money, send flowers to his family too. Don't constantly text/call him, but let him know you're there if he needs you.

Comment

Thanks so much, guys! For the advice and the support. I will definitely send out a card as soon as possible.
                I miss you
                courtney+patrick

Comment

Working...
                X