Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to ask if he is taking me to Paris...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to ask if he is taking me to Paris...

I will see my bf very soon and I am very excited however I have something I want to know about my trip and what he has planned.

Long life story short, I am and have always been in love or obsessed with Paris, France and well France in general. I even have The Eiffel Tower tattooed on my by lower back, that is how much I love Paris. When he told me he was going to be getting Italy he said I had no excuse now why I can't see Paris and go there. He said he would have to fix that and said he would take me there since it's close and I just kind of laughed it off. I asked him if he has anything planned and he said yes. I know him he won't tell me a thing and he won't give hints either and I also know he would spring it on me without notice....and for some reason this scares me.

Seeing Paris is like a DREAM come true for me and I always wanted to do it alone (but I have said the man who takes me is who I will marry). I didn't want to go with a bf and then we break up and my favorite place on earth is ruined. I would never think of Paris the same if he were to take me and then we broke up, even years later. I know if he took me it would be amazing, he is romantic.

I know this sounds strange to some people, well most people lol but I really want to know if he is taking me. I don't want to ask incase he isn't because I don't want to assume or make him think he has to. I have told him I only want to see him and that he is the main reason I am going and Europe is a bonus. I won't lie I would love to go to Paris, I am that close why wouldn't I? Everyone I know seems to think he is going to take me and a few of my friends have even crazier ideas from there. I think they are happier about my relationship than I am lol

So should I bring it up in some way or just let it be and be surprised..

I also want to know so I don't freak out when he tells me if he is taking me. I know my reaction would be film worthy and I would like a little notice so I don't totally lose it infront of him.

I dont know what he has planned and I don't expect him to take me to Paris, but I would like to know if he is just incase lol

Hmmm...well if it were me, I would leave it a surprise. I mean, I would count on it as being a possibility but I would just wait and find out. If this is something special he has planned and he's excited about surprising you with it, I wouldn't ruin that for him. If he has planned it, I'm sure he'll expect that over the top reaction from you since he knows it's your dream
    And if he doesn't take you, then oh well! You go another time. Paris will always be there and it will hopefully, always be just as magical.

I totally get your obsession, I cried the first time I saw the Eiffel Tower.

Either way...enjoy it!!

Comment

I'm will Mllebamako on this -- just look forward to your trip to Italy. If he does surprise you and you go to Paris, that's fabulous. If not, well, you're still getting a trip to Italy out of the deal, and I'd say that's still pretty awesome.

Paris will still be there. If you don't go, maybe some time after this trip the two of you can plan to go there together.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Sit back. Relax. If it happens...awesome! If not...that's ok too. I personally wouldn't mention it to him. If it is a surprise you don't want to ruin that for him.

Just the fact you will see him...that is good ALL in itself.
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

yep i agree with everyone on here
          surprises are a wonderful thing.. even if you really really wanna know what it is.. sometimes it's best to just leave it up to your imagination
          don't freak about it, and just be excited he has something that you don't know about planned
          surprises are one of my favorite things
          <3
          sigpic

Comment

Just look forward to Italy. Let the suprise happen if it does. It will make for a wonderful story if he does surprise you. Sit tight and relax - so tough to do !

Comment

If I were you, I would convince myself that he wasn't taking me there. What would happen if it turns out that he didn't have Paris arranged and you were expecting it? You would probably get so disappointed that it would ruin your entire trip (at least I would). If it turns out that he does take you there, then great! You really will be surprised. But I wouldn't assume that he is taking you there because there are no guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                Hmmm...well if it were me, I would leave it a surprise. I mean, I would count on it as being a possibility but I would just wait and find out. If this is something special he has planned and he's excited about surprising you with it, I wouldn't ruin that for him. If he has planned it, I'm sure he'll expect that over the top reaction from you since he knows it's your dream
                And if he doesn't take you, then oh well! You go another time. Paris will always be there and it will hopefully, always be just as magical.

I totally get your obsession, I cried the first time I saw the Eiffel Tower.

Either way...enjoy it!!
                I will cry as soon as I see the city lol and I will more than likely hug the Eiffel Tower and kiss the ground! It's that bad. He is one who likes to do surprises, this he told me about when I first met him. I like them but this is one that would make me really react in one of those "American's Funniest Home Videos" moments

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                  I'm will Mllebamako on this -- just look forward to your trip to Italy. If he does surprise you and you go to Paris, that's fabulous. If not, well, you're still getting a trip to Italy out of the deal, and I'd say that's still pretty awesome.

Paris will still be there. If you don't go, maybe some time after this trip the two of you can plan to go there together.
                  I know Paris will be there and I have a feeling we might go and again it's not expected. I told him before if we didn't go this time I could go next year when I visit. I just wonder because I do like surprises but this one would be a little more than I could handle in a sense.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bluestars View Post
                    If I were you, I would convince myself that he wasn't taking me there. What would happen if it turns out that he didn't have Paris arranged and you were expecting it? You would probably get so disappointed that it would ruin your entire trip (at least I would). If it turns out that he does take you there, then great! You really will be surprised. But I wouldn't assume that he is taking you there because there are no guarantees.
                    Oh it's funny because I don't think he is or even really care if he does, I just want to see him and nothing else..it's my friends who are convinced he is taking me. I also know he likes surprises and I do too to an extent. He has made comments in regards to going to Paris which is why I wonder. He knows my obsession with the place too lol I will just wait and see and like I said I don't expect it. The trip is to see him, everything else is just a bonus. I wouldn't care if we stayed in the house the entire time and just cuddled and watched movies! I just want to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Paris View Post
                      Seeing Paris is like a DREAM come true for me and I always wanted to do it alone (but I have said the man who takes me is who I will marry). I didn't want to go with a bf and then we break up and my favorite place on earth is ruined. I would never think of Paris the same if he were to take me and then we broke up, even years later. I know if he took me it would be amazing, he is romantic.
                      i totally get this feeling. it makes perfect sense to me. as far as what to do yikes i have some ideas but they might sound rough. what i can say is if he takes you enjoy it for yourself. concentrate on the beauty and the experience dont think of as your and his experience. then concetrate on him at the end of the day/days you will be there. does that make sense? hope i helped...i may not have explained well...

Comment

I do know we are going to Rome!! I don't care about Paris like my friends think I do. I do but it's not important, the only important part is seeing my bf. That is better than seeing Paris right now!

Comment

Well Rome sounds cool to see too. And I think that as long as you're with the most beautiful person in your life, any beautiful places (or plain for that matter) you go to mean so much more.

Comment

Working...
                          X