Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Us against the world? Are your friends and family supportive of your LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my family are all supportive. thank god.
    at first my mum was a bit wary most likely because we hadnt met in person yet, and she didnt know anything about him. so she told me to keep it a secret to the rest of my family until they met him in person as a 'friend who i liked a lot' and they all liked him, and now know were dating and are very supportive

Comment

My friends mostly pretend to be supportive. Sometimes the way they respond to things I tell them though makes their disguise pretty obvious.

His mom is super supportive. She's really nice to me and is excited to have me for the holidays and invited me to go shopping with her the day after Thanksgiving.

My family isn't a very close knit one. I live 750 miles from any family members and really need to get around to telling them before I bring him home the day after Christmas and say SURPRISE here's my new SO... hehehe...

Comment

My family are supportive =) His parents are not so supportive. They didn't like me after our visit cause i was too quiet =S But he is not too bothered, he says that once he puts a ring on my finger they'll have to take it seriously. Luckily his best mate is supportive. He's now a friend of mine too and he's a great guy. I don't tend to tell many people at school about my relationship except my close friends. My friends are supportive, but alot of people thought it stupid that i was going out with someone i'd never met, and flying to meet him that summer. But everything went well and I don't care what they think. So long as me and my SO are happy, that's all that matters. =)

Comment

A few good friends of mine are supportive of my LDR, however, family wise, they don't like it. They think I should be with someone who is closer, they think I am in this because its an "easy" way to have a relationship -- and I am sure we can all say its far from easy sometimes. They are getting used to the fact I am staying firmly with him, and am perfectly happy, but its taking alot of time...

Comment

Working...
          X