Coping with loneliness :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping with loneliness :(

I've been missing my SO really bad today and times when I get in this mood I have certain things I do. I usually wear one of his shirts all day, write, whether it's just in my journal or writing him, sometimes I make him something, like a home made card or something simple like that, and I also listen to music to help with the loneliness. We have a ton of songs, that our "our" songs or just songs we dedicate to each other, and those are some of the ones that I listen to but the main one that really helps me is "Set Fire to the Third Bar" Snow Patrol. It has special meaning to me and every time I hear it, I start bawling!

Anyways, what are some of the ways you guys deal with loneliness?

I have a couple diferent types of lonely. I have "I really miss you and want to spend time with you" lonely and "I'm feeling really quiet, thoughtful and a lone and I'm okay with that"

When I'm feeling the first type of lonely, I talk to my SO. Lots. Or I get out and do something. I'll go shopping with a friend or out to lunch with my grandma.

When I'm feeling the second type of lonely, or I can't get out or talk to my SO, I find myself cleaning a lot, organizing and de-cluttering while listening to music loudly, working up quite a sweat usually. Then I take a shower and get into comfy clothes and I sit in my extremely clean and organized room and write and listen to music and forget the world for a day (or at least a few hours).
    First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

I talk to him. Well, technically to no one. I sit in my room, no lights, and talk as if he were beside me, just telling him I miss him, crying, what have you. I also daydream about when we'll live together, how our first visit will go, just silly things to try and keep me feeling hopeful. Sometimes I do write letters, but I like just saying things aloud sometimes.

Comment

No guys wrote anything on here. I wonder how men cope with loneliness.
        To be honest I am afraid to hear some of the answers (coz I know men are not always capable of staying faithful esp. when they feel lonely)

Comment

I know how you feel, hun. Some days are harder than others, that's for sure. And remember, when you feel that way, it is OK to cry. For so long, I would attempt be strong and hold my feelings in and try and convince myself that I was just being overly emotional. But I wasn't. And neither are you. It's OK to feel that way. Embrace it. It's completely normal.

One thing I do find that does help is simply averting my attention/time when it gets really bad. Are you into arts/crafts? Since the holidays are coming up, I decided to make homemade Christmas cards. It's been a really fun way to channel my energy, especially when I'm feeling stressed.
          Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

PS: I also LOVE Snow Patrol. So many of their songs are very special to me, too.
            Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Originally posted by tissa View Post
              To be honest I am afraid to hear some of the answers (coz I know men are not always capable of staying faithful esp. when they feel lonely)
              I really doubt that that is the number one things men turn to when lonely. The answers are probably very similar to women's answers (since we're all human and stuff )

Most likely, women cheat just as much as men do

Comment

Originally posted by 5000miles View Post
                I have a couple diferent types of lonely. I have "I really miss you and want to spend time with you" lonely and "I'm feeling really quiet, thoughtful and a lone and I'm okay with that"

When I'm feeling the first type of lonely, I talk to my SO. Lots. Or I get out and do something. I'll go shopping with a friend or out to lunch with my grandma.

When I'm feeling the second type of lonely, or I can't get out or talk to my SO, I find myself cleaning a lot, organizing and de-cluttering while listening to music loudly, working up quite a sweat usually. Then I take a shower and get into comfy clothes and I sit in my extremely clean and organized room and write and listen to music and forget the world for a day (or at least a few hours).
                In some ways, I'm the same way. There's certain times when I just have to get out of the house, even if it's just for a quick grocery shopping trip. Other times, I clean. I do all my laundry, dust, vaccum, etc. Then I shower, put on one of his shirts and usually watch our movie, which is The Notebook, or have a Sex and the City/The Golden Girls marathon, since those are my fav shows and always cheer me up.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                  I talk to him. Well, technically to no one. I sit in my room, no lights, and talk as if he were beside me, just telling him I miss him, crying, what have you. I also daydream about when we'll live together, how our first visit will go, just silly things to try and keep me feeling hopeful. Sometimes I do write letters, but I like just saying things aloud sometimes.
                  OMG I do the same thing! Usually, most of the time, I do it at night, when I'm wishing he was laying beside me. I'm so glad I found someone who does this same thing, one of my friends thought it was the weirdest thing whenever I told her about it, but I just told her everybody copes differently and this is something that helps me

Comment

My SO told me he copes by re-reading all the letters I sent him over the months we've been together. There's a difference between emotionally lonely and wanting a quick ace-in-the-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly View Post
                      I know how you feel, hun. Some days are harder than others, that's for sure. And remember, when you feel that way, it is OK to cry. For so long, I would attempt be strong and hold my feelings in and try and convince myself that I was just being overly emotional. But I wasn't. And neither are you. It's OK to feel that way. Embrace it. It's completely normal.

One thing I do find that does help is simply averting my attention/time when it gets really bad. Are you into arts/crafts? Since the holidays are coming up, I decided to make homemade Christmas cards. It's been a really fun way to channel my energy, especially when I'm feeling stressed.
                      I'm def ok with crying! The tears started last night and they've been falling all day today. It's just a crying day! LOL! Typically, I'm not the most crafty person but here lately I've started enjoying it more and more. I like doing simple crafts whenever I'm in a certain mood. I hadn't thought of doing homemade Christmas cards but I did go ahead and I got started on filling out my regular Christmas cards

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                        I really doubt that that is the number one things men turn to when lonely. The answers are probably very similar to women's answers (since we're all human and stuff )

Most likely, women cheat just as much as men do
                        I couldn't agree more! Well said!

Comment

My SO told me that whenever he's lonely and missing me he re-reads all the letters, cards, sweet texts, and sweet & uplifting e-mails I've sent him. He also listens to voicemails I've left him.

Comment

lately its been alot of crying mostly that, watching the video we did together or her solo videos, when i call her up tell her i miss her and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                              lately its been alot of crying mostly that, watching the video we did together or her solo videos, when i call her up tell her i miss her and stuff
                              I can relate. Lately, I've been crying alot more than usual because of the loneliness but he's understanding and patient with me, and he always cheers me up

Comment

Working...
                              X